July 3, 2019

SLEEP


Comic Con is almost upon us, and I am trying to make life feel normal.  George is on an expensive new diet…lots of meat and cheese.  Lots of money outgoing.  I am counting the days till I can go back to work.  There’s nothing better than a book to put life into balance.

Then I fall asleep.  For weeks my knee would wake me several times a night. Yesterday morning, I slept about two hours here at my computer after grocery shopping.  Catching up.  Yesterday afternoon, I slept about three hours sitting up in my chair before dinner.  After dinner, I took one extra Tylenol and slept like a baby all night long. 


The photos are to show you that there are comics at Comic Con.

Our inbox is filled with Comic Con missives.  News that the Comic Con Museum will be open this year during Comic Con delights  me.  Yes, G and I are members.  News that early volunteers are wanted cheer G, but I worry about Zoe coming with us.


Then there’s my favorite cartoonist and illustrator, Rick Geary with his wife..
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  He looked for hours for my lost Drivers License and truck keys.  Yes, he is still speaking to me now that they were found.
  • Myself:  Started off to the store, rounded a corner, and the keys slid off the top of the truck right into the cab.
  • Photos:  Mine.
  • Reading:  Starting something new.
  • Gratitude’s:  Both Margot and Milaka for calling yesterday.



13 comments:

  1. I lost my keys briefly this week. It is a story and maybe I will post. Just remember EVERYONE loses stuff and it doesn't always mean you are getting senile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once they fell into my lap, I remembered where they were. My eldest now reads my blog and called laughing at me. I love it. No senility here.

      Delete
  2. Back when I attended SDCC I always made a point of stopping by Rick Geary's table and purchasing something, and also getting him to draw beautiful original sketches. I shall take photos and post them for you anon. I really love his style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. Id love to see the pieces you have. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. The Saga of the Keys: Hahaha.
    Enjoy Comic Con.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you are doing some serious catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still coughing tho.
      I didn't take a nap today and felt heroic. LOL

      Delete
  5. they have keys in Florida...............

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you sleep, you need it. Pain will try to rob us of that pleasure. So glad the Tylenol did the job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word!!! I don't know that I've ever seen a collection of comics this huge. Gads... it boggles the mind! Where is the Comic Con Museum?? Glad you found your keys and license. Horrible to lose things. And having two of your kids call on the same day can't be beat for lifting your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Comic Con. People come to buy, trade, and look at comics as well as costumes.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life