August 30, 2019

SLEEP AND OTHER NONSENSICALS

               

The Louis Comfort Tiffany dome in the old Chicago Library.


·       I love quiet days, and lazy afternoons with a good book.  I have the good book having just started book four of the Amish Mystery series.  No quiet this morning tho as the cars and trucks going past, the construction crew across the street, and the six o’clock airplanes drove me mad this morning.
·       My whole goal these last few days is not to sleep away my days.  One doctor proscribed melatonin, which I took in the morning.  Shoudda took it at night as all of a sudden I was sleeping much of the day.
·       While the east coast has a hurricane heading it’s way, our world surrounded by monsoonal moisture.  Raining in the mountains but not at the beach sort of thing.  I’m keeping SS, Pat, and Rik and Bil in my thoughts.
·       I mended yesterday.  Don’t laugh…too hard.  My new navy blue compression stockings grew a run.  My new white pants from Ross came with two legs ending with cheap lace applique.  Taking that stuff off has offered many meditative moments and has never gotten done.
·       Every doctor in the world has an opinion about me.  My pulmonary doc ordered that MRI of head and neck with and W/O dye.  I never got the results, when I finally figured out who to call, the office staff wouldn’t read the results.  I told them I would stay home all today to get the results.  Oy!
·       A history of The Chicago Library
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  He talks and laughs with clients until quitting time when he gets silent.
  • Myself:  Trying not to take myself too seriously.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Reading:  Book 4.
  • Gratitude’s:  To everybody who answers questions.



4 comments:

  1. I’ve tried melatonin too without much success. This last week though I have slept better. Strange!

    I think sometimes all we need is a free afternoon and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize Tiffany did anything that large. But then, he did have a studio full of workers. Have a bright and safe weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hate it when I don't get test results. I keep trying to think no news is good news and most often that is the case. Hope you hear soon.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life