October 14, 2019

LAUGHTER

Sometimes I whine, but usually I laugh at myself.  Laughter keeps those around me going too.  The Lasix leads me to run for the bathroom but often I find myself leaking in the most inopportune places.  Then I cough and leak more.  The bed stays dry, then poof I spill a whole glass of water all over it.  We wanted to change sheets anyway.

Yes we need a new mattress.  We have a Beautyrest with extra padding only on one side.  We used to have a fancy Beautyrest mattress with padding on both sides so it could be rotated.  Not this one.  This one has lasted longer than the fancy one.  We rolled together in the middle of that one.  This one, the edges have give out, and we could roll off very easily.

So I have been looking at new mattresses.  The new ones have memory foam and latex.  There’s natural latex too…just to confuse the issue.  The lists of attributes is endless such as “White glove delivery.”  Nowhere have I found one with padding on two sides.  Many come with only one firmness option.           Lots of foam options too.  I did find springs mentioned in the very last one I read about. 

“At 15-inches thick, the DreamCloud is made from the kind of luxury materials you’d typically find in expensive retail mattresses, yet it comes conveniently compressed in a box, at a much cheaper price. Its cooling system will keep you from over-heating while you sleep, and the 6 layers of dense memory foam and pocketed coils will provide an ideal combination of support and comfort. Finally, with a 365-night trial, you’ll have plenty of time to decide if the mattress is right for you (we’re confident you’ll love it!).
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Got the tickets one day for two adults and 4 days for Zoe.  He's to go north to work on Wednesday.  Meet his replacement.  Last night’s sheets are in the laundry.
  • Myself:  Coughing.  Swallow study scheduled.  Dr Hemp wants to drain the remaining fluid.  Chemo put off two weeks.
  • Photo:  George.
  • Reading:  ”Stewball” by Peter Bowen.  These Gabriel Du Pre mysteries are really wonderful.
  • Gratitude’s:  George.




9 comments:

  1. When we bought a new mattress last year we were told that they come now with only one side. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to go to the store and try out different ones and talk with the salesperson about your specific needs. Oh, and expect to pay a couple of thousand $$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought a new mattress recently with the same choices to make. Hateful job!

    Love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep on laughing, dear lady. It's the greatest look in the world.
    New mattresses suck, though. Yes, my last mattress had only one side. Stupid thing. Rotate it top to bottom, but not over and over. Oh, well. I think a couple more mattresses and I'll own one I'll outlive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those new mattresses just don't last. Our mattress developed a dip in them where we sleep. Soooo... I actually bought some beach towels and stuck them in the dips and then put a foam mattress topper on top from Costco. Surprisingly, it worked. For now. I've been wanting to try the Casper mattress that comes in a box, but I'm afraid to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ours is also one side only, but it is holding up well so far. We can still rotate it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us know if you get the bed in a box. Been curious about that but like Kay, a bit scared to try. I imagine it would be the devil getting it back in the box to return.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life