October 29, 2019

PHOTOS





My cousin Jerry sent me a wonderful accumulation  of family photographs.  Yes, I had many of them, but I had this entertaining one she didn’t send.  Here’s a great-grandfather I never knew and my mother and her brother.  Do they look happy?  Pleased?  Not at all.

There’s a series of these taken at this time.  Grandfather looks serene in all the pictures, but both kids look really upset about something.  Here’s the family, out in the countryside with the bugs on a delightful picnic.  What could be more idyllic.  

I love this the looks on their faces.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Working hard.  36 work days until retirement.
  • Myself:  Got all Jerry’s photos onto my hard drive.
  • Photo:  Probably grandma Mary Belle.
  • Reading:  Volume 3 of the Penny series.
  • Gratitude’s:  George.



6 comments:

  1. Can’t you imagine someone saying to the children, “Smile.” I know from my own grandkids, they don’t want their pictures taken sometimes and they don’t want to cooperate. Great grandfather looks rather pleased though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look serious, but they didn't smile for photos back then, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow all old photos to me the people don't smile. Maybe it was fashionable to be serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all dressed up and looking spiffy. It does make you wonder why your mom and uncle were making those faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, if looks could speak, this one would speak volumes!! Both kids are p.o.'d about something. LOL Great-grandpa is above it all and as you say, 'serene.' Great photo! Thanks for sharing ... I've been thinking of you and feeling guilty for not sending you a card as I've thought about doing numerous times but failed to follow through. Love you ... me

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life