November 28, 2019

A SAGA


November 28, 2019                                                                                                                                                                                       

I came home from the cancer center OD’d on chemotherapy.  I didn’t realize that this would happen. I did OK on Saturday.  Sunday I was ok.  Monday was slight stomach upset.  Tuesday I hit the wall.  There after it was nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, little foods, and a whole lot of sleep. By Friday the nausea  had tapered off, but I was severely dehydrated.

Monday I couldn’t walk down the stairs..  I couldn’t stand.  G had to call 911 for a lift assist.  The next stop was a visit to the Oncologist who sent me across the hall  for infusion fluids.  Michael m had these extra infusions regularly Bobbie tells me.  I was ok for Monday  Massive dehydration…which will kill me. 

I was able to make it upstairs, more alert then On Wednesday. I tanked. He called the infusion center, and they said to call 9/11.  911 brought me to Scripps Mercy Hospital Hillcrest remembering Poolie.    

14 comments:

  1. And so you are spending Thanksgiving in the hospital...not a fun way to go. I hope the medical staff can get you hydrated and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you Mage, and thinking healing thoughts all the time too. What a bum way to spend Thanksgiving. Hugs to you and George too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending healing thoughts across the continent, Mage. Hoping every day you will feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the gist from FB that it was rough, but this is really terrible. I am so sorry and not sure why they did not tell you when and how bad it might be. IT does sound like they missed the dose. You need a hug...I wish I was there. TG can be celebrated in a few days and I am sure you will concentrate on going everything needed to make you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on the mend and will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so... I'm thinking they overdosed her -- it shouldn't have been this bad. Gentle healing hugs to her...

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh. How terrible for you. I hope you turn the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooo, this is not right. I had so hoped you would have an uneventful Chemo. Can't they give you something besides infusions to keep you hydrated? Don't be afraid to ask. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word... so so sorry. How much more do you have to go through? So glad George is there for you. Hang tough... this will end and you'll recover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very hard. I hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you had a rough time. Sure hope the doctors can give you something that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh... I'm so sorry, Mage. My cousin is going through the same thing and it's awful. The oncologist did change his treatment though and he's doing much better and holding down food. Thank goodness! I'm thinking about you and wishing you an easier time for your next sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my dear. You are the last person to deserve this burden. Hoping, hoping that this terrible situation improves. Love - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life