November 1, 2019

HURRY, HURRY



“I understand you are in a hurry,” said the doctor.

“Only because the cancer is,” I replied.

The surgeon finally released me to the Pulmonary man.  Hurrah.  Before going into that office to make an appointment, I stopped in at the walk in clinic for my UTI.  Then up a floor, I got an appointment for the 20th.  He called around mid-afternoon and wanted a fresh CT scan.  If that looks good, I’m heading for Chemo.

Lunch at the “Brown Bagger,” a local hole in the wall with an almost endless variation of sandwiches.  Target next for lotion, and candy, but they didn’t have the lotion, followed by a Pharmacy stop for Cipro. 

I must tell you that I was totally tired when we finally got home.  Pooped.  Beyond pooped.  So little exercise puts me right to sleep. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Took the day off yesterday, today working as usual.
  • Myself:  Made appointment for CT scan.  Meeting tonight.
  • Photo:  Mine taken from the top of Point Loma down onto the bay.  It’s a military go-fast Navy or Border Patrol.
  • Reading:  Another 3 pines.  V. 4.
  • Gratitude’s:  George who has a doctor’s appointment for his knee on Monday.



11 comments:

  1. I understand your desire to have the appointments as soon as possible. I had a shadow on a mammogram years as and it felt like the process I had to follow took forever. I was thinking hurry hurry too. Take care Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a biopsy eventually and a endless week of waiting for an everything was fine result. The anxiety was horrible for those few weeks. Thanks for asking, Mage. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Mage, you are relentless. Go, Mage, Go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son once had swollen lymph glands for weeks. He was only 5 and each time they tried a new round of different antibiotics, I was so tired and kept thinking it may be cancer. The entire month was exhausting, but whatever that infection, it did clear up. I love your retort to the doctor...maybe kept in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You bet they are!!! They restore your mindand give your body the rest it needs. Naps are a necessity of life after 50! LOL

      Delete
  6. That was a busy day, you had a right to be tired. Doctors just don't get it do they that waiting is not good for our mental health much less our physical health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like waiting either, can be nerve racking.

    The ship you asked about is a working fishing ship docked at the pier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mage, I'm sorry you're having to go through so much right now.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life