March 19, 2020

I'M HERE


I’m here.   No new, or even old pictures to share, but I am here. 

First I was placed in Mercy Hospital, I was born there, then I was moved to Balboa Nursing….as veggie that just lay there.  Later when the Medicare limits were reached, I was moved over here to Grossmont Gardens…just when the latest virus hit. 

The visitor limits appalled us both.  We had been sitting together, holding hands for months.  Now we couldn’t even see each other.

But I am here                                
                          
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Myself:  In an assisted living.  I could stand up and transfer myself really well until about a  week ago.
  • Photo:  Sorry.
  • Reading:  I do have a book.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I have a sense of humor.



  • 12 comments:

    1. So good to hear from you - love to you both.
      Books are good - maybe George could leave some at the front desk for you
      If you have a strong enough signal etc perhaps you could have a daily chat with George on skpe or some other app.
      Take care
      Cathy

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Mage... I'm so happy and relieved to hear from you. I've been thinking about you constantly. What a horrible time to go through. I'm sending you and George a cyber hug because we know that's safe, at least.

      ReplyDelete
    3. you boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You don't give a shit about climate change, why should we young people give a shit if you get sick and die of some virus? I HOPE the virus gets much stronger and kills you all.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Your comments are hurtful and unwanted. I pray you don't become infected with the Corona Virus. It's not just a flu... it's dangerous.

        Delete
    4. My goodness! I am glad that you are there. Our neighbour recently had a stroke, and we didn't hear about for for many days because it is winter and that's the way that it goes.

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a delight to see your post. Been thinking and worrying about you. The visitor limits are the pits but surely this will eventually be over and we can get back our old normal. Sending you germ free virtual hugs. Stay safe.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I was thinking of you this morning wondering how the virus would affect you since Californians had to stay inside.

      I am glad you are still there with that wonderful spirit of yours. You struck gold with Himself too. Take care.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks be, Mage. What a time to be ill.

      ReplyDelete
    8. It won't let me post!! Whatever "it" is! I am going to try this again.

      ReplyDelete
    9. thank goodness. I got your post on Facebook and was thrilled. I knew that you and George would be separated, but I hoped that you understood the isolation. Drink fluids and stay optimistic. There has got to be an end AND a light.

      ReplyDelete
    10. OMG, tears in my eyes. Thank you for staying with us. Looking forward to those weaving pictures. Love you, and love to George, too.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh my goodness, my prayers have been answered. Great sighs of happiness here... Do continue to get well/strong, dear friend. If you need anything at all, just post a note here and we will all see to it that your needs are met immediately. This does my heart good!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life