April 14, 2020

LIFE IN A NURSING HOME




I watch TV.  I’m now allowed out of my room to walk too.  The PT lady comes and tells me I’m in awful shape.  I confess.  I haven’t been doing my exercises.  Oh, guilt.

George keeps shopping for me on Amazon.  I now have three bottles of body wash….just in case I am allergic to one of them.  I have two kinds of grippers too.  Two new bags of books also.  He’s being beyond thoughtful and kind.  I’ve managed to fit all the new stuff in the closet.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

  • Himself:  The new chair fits well.
  • Myself:  Shower day today.  Thursday will be a virtual Dr appointment.
  • Reading:  3 more Crais to go.
  • Gratitude’s:  One staff member here has the virus. 



11 comments:

  1. Do the exercises Mage, if you can at all. I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also cheering. Ask George to get you some Zinc lozenges if your Doctor agrees. It can help with virus. I am sure if you exercise ( I am the worst to criticize someone for this as I go for weeks before I get back on my schedule) you will be feeling much better. Push yourself a little each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's one more for the exercises! Please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray for you as you mend. Hope you can do more exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you hugs and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness... I worried that someone in your facility would develop the virus... PLEASE stay safe. Did your masks arrive?? How about the snack bottle (it was a 7-Up bottle filled with goodies--sent it over a week ago)? So glad George can at least bring you things from home. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... Hugs... T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you haven't said otherwise, I presume your place is virus-free. Some care facilties hereabouts are having a very bad time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, exercise. Stand up, sit down. Repeat every 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are working to get out of there. Exercise is so important. Hope that infected worker wasn't near you. Keep the good attitude and work it. Sending prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad YOU are getting stronger, I hope you can do some exercises too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naughty....naughty.....do those exercises if you want out of there.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life