April 17, 2020

ZOOMing Along


We almost always go to the “meeting by the bay.”  Zoom is such an easy way to attend meetings.  I would go to meetings via ZOOM all the time if my fellow drunks wouldn’t look down their noses at me.  This one is held at the Santa Clara Point Recreation Center.  The center is run by a large lady almost twice my size with a sense of humor of equal proportion.

Yes we are going today.

Other news:  Nursing homes in our area have the Covid 19 Pandemic.  Cancelled because of the virus are Comic Con….you can get your money back, or much to my friend Katy’s disappointment, ‘Burning Man.” And most important of all, George got a touch of food poisoning.  He’s been sick for two days, and I am way out here in the hinterlands.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

  • Himself:  Hope  he is feeling better.
  • Myself:  Woke really sslooowlly, and found my day compressed.  Lunch seemed to be at the same time as breakfast.
  • Reading:  ”The Ragman’s Memory,” a Joe Gunther mystery by Archer Mayor.
  • Gratitude’s:  Very grateful that G brought me these books.



  • 11 comments:

    1. I had never heard of Zoom before this. It seems to be very helpful to many.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Covid is sweeping our nursing homes, too. You wash your hands and be careful.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I've downloaded Zoom, but haven't tried to use it yet. Don't know that I will... I have given up FaceBook. Just far too many stupid people on there. I won't be going back until after the pandemic is over and done with. I have e-mail, U.S. Mail and a telephone or two, if people want to get in touch with me. :) Should be enough, yes/no? Sorry for George's food poisoning. I had a bit of it last week --- UGLY stuff. Was weak and down for the count for a couple of days and then gradually went back into solid food again. Not fun.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Covid is in nursing homes in Canada as well. Take care, Mage.

      Zoom has become really popular these days though there are security concern with it apparently.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I thought of you immediately when I heard Comic Con was cancelled. I know how you looked forward to it. Haven't tried Zoom yet but glad you can still kinda of attend your meetings.
      Take care and stay safe.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Are they giving you any extra protein? Or vitamins?? I worry that you aren't getting the nourishment that you need to improve your strength. Hugs to you... "Your mission, should you choose to accept it ..." LOL A lot of people pulling for you dear friend...

      ReplyDelete
    7. We have our master gardener meetings via Zoom. Sometimes works. Sometimes not so much. I like to block the camera so that I don't have to put on make-up and comb my hair! Are you physically going to the meeting? Make sure Geezer cooks his food very thoroughly these days. I am going to look for your home address...think I have it somewhere....

      ReplyDelete
    8. I am very leery of any kind of takeout food right now. Well, I always have been leery of restaurant foods, being very careful of where we eat and what we eat. Never seafood of any kind, whatsoever.

      As for Zoom meetings, I am so glad you are doing them that way. I really like Zoom. I've done one board meeting and three friend conversations. On Monday I have a video doctor's appointment and then a Zoom "tea date" with a friend.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I think I am over the food poisoning. Like everything unpleasant in life, "This Too Shall Pass", and it did! LOL

      ReplyDelete
    10. Glad George is feeling better. We're hanging in there.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I still haven't tried the Zoom thing. Poor George! That is just awful. I remember when it happened to my daughter. She was also feeling terrible for a couple of days.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life