June 20, 2020

IN THE MIDST OF




…of settling in, of moving back in to the house, George gets to go back to docent at the Automotive Museum.  I am left with the trivia of settling, while he gets to run after small children yelling “No.”    Yes he remembered to wear his knee braces.  Yes, he also started a load of laundry as he left.

Everything seems tangled though it is getting sorted slowly.   Magazines.  We have National G, Smithsonian, Sierra Club, Westways, and all those other magazines that come with memberships.  You would be proud of me.  I am carefully looking through each volume and reading every article that interests me.  G isn’t reading every page, but then again, he’s looking at every article.

Upstairs is still a horror story, but the bed is where it is supposed to be and made.  Downstairs is getting itself in order.  Only one corner of the room looks as if it is lost in lower Slobovia.  I will tackle that next week.
……………………………………………………………………………………………

  • Himself:  The day is cold and foggy.  He’s not wearing shorts for a change.
  • Myself:  Laundry, lunch, next load of laundry, and more magazines.
  • Reading:  Reich.
  • Photo:  Lines and running gear for the “Star of India.”
  • Gratitude’s:  For getting the house back together.



9 comments:

  1. You have the benefit of LOTS of time. That’s what I keep telling myself. I hope George remembered his mask too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lower Slobovia gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting it all back together, wonderful. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a normal domestic life Mage. I think that’s perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are on a roll. Hope you can keep the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job getting your strength back together to get your life back together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are progressing each day. I got a chuckle out of lower Slobovia also. It was one of my older brother's favorite terms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're getting things sorted. Slobovia, LOL :)

    That wasn't a historical plaque on the building, it was an award they got for Irish Premium Oysters. The building was or still is a pub/restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life