January 18, 2021

AT LAST


Confusions are a part of it, of course.  I sent the present I intended for Milaka to Bobbie last year, and she loves it.  That haunts me.  I did manage to rearrange the sewing area so I can finish Bobbies Crow quilt.  I guess she will end up with two quilts.

I’m certainly not one of those quilting folks I see on Facebook that finishes two quilts in a weekend.  Or has finished 20 during the pandemic so far.  Dr. Harriette, who turned me on to quilting, made lovely things slowly.  I spend years on an item.  Maybe more.  At least, now I can get started again on the crows.

I used to power through three paintings in a weekend.  Colorful stuff.  Not now.  I am the slowest quilter known….and each quilt is a triumph because it gets finished.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  He has no plans.
  • Myself:  Do the usuals like brush my teeth, start the laundry, and see if I can match the thread colors on the quilt so I can get started after lunch.
  • Reading:  Longmire.
  • Watching:  Tonight is “Antiques Roadshow” with “Roots” to follow.
  • Photo:  Mine.  Center front.
  • Gratitude’s:  George didn’t complain when he had to help me clean up two spilled glasses of water.
  •  

11 comments:

  1. You know what they say about slow and steady. It wii get done! Such a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marie. My wife takes her time making art, she's always says, I'll finish when I finish.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work fast and well. Now I work slow and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking it slow means more time to put love into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a loving, artistic quilt, Mage. I would love to see more of your paintings, Mage. You are such an incredible artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt.
    I think we enjoy the process more as we age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Anvilcloud, the process seems to matter more to me in these later years. The joy of creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spilled water is a small problem. Hubby has now lost his credit card for the second time this week! I once started quilting, but do not have the patience. I have a friend on FB who makes the loveliest quilts. Your is very symbolic and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, Mage. Well done you. I must confess that when I saw the post heading my mind went straight to Beyonce singing At Last on President Obamas big day. Sincerely hope that all goes smoothly tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life