January 5, 2021

CONNIE

 

 It feels as if it is end of the year time here.  Close up shop, put things away time.  I have the Holiday cards and letters here next to my computer, and Staples has actually sent us the printers ink.  I’m going to settle down today and answer them. 

Every day actions are falling in place too.  Dear G brings me coffee and a slice of bread to take with my pills.  I sit with one of those morning program news and good cheer things on TV while reading a book and sipping my coffee till way late in the morning.  Lately the book is Obama’s latest.  When his brilliant writing begins to bore me, I read something less intellectual.  Right now, I am rereading the Longmire books.

Important among the Holiday letters is a note from L. Tracy Paz telling me that her sister Constance died.  I might have known this, but my memory didn’t store that information.  I remember Connie Anderson clearly though.  She was Janey’s roommate and friend.  Janey was a graphic artist full of creativity on all fronts including gold medal level roller skating.  Over the years, Janey lived with George and I several times as our roommate in the 1980’s. 

When I first met the highly sexual Connie, I didn’t’ like her at all.  Perhaps all her highly visible sex was too much for the Victorian in me.   Eventually her creativity reached me, and I succumbed to her energy, charm and vitality.  She lived with a camera in her hand.  For years she was one of the few friends I had.  She was often at my cottage or I was at her apartment, and she was always taking pictures.  If you needed help in any way, she was there.

She moved to Seattle, and we grew apart.  She finally sobered up, and we saw her last in 2000 at the Minneapolis World Convention.  She had no time for us, and I thought it sad.  Now I read that this March she died.  I’ve been dreaming of Connie ever since.



…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Yesterday took the lights down, and helped me take the tree down.

Myself:  Letter writing.  I followed the instructions that said “drink 8 glasses of water a day,” and I was up every hour on the hour all night to go to the head.

Reading: Obama and Longmire.

Watching:  Antiques Roadshow.

Photo:  (I don’t know who took them.)  Mage and Connie near Dog Beach.  Bottom:  Connie marries B at The old WWII barracks on Abbott.  L to R:  Mage, Dick Bliss, B, Connie, and Janey.

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you grew apart and didn't get to reconcile. That hurts when they leave us and there is no more time. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm echoing Patti's thoughts. That's hard. I'm sorry for your sadness, Mage.

    I don't think I can read Obama's book. For one thing, it's too big and too intellectual for my poor brain to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the passing of your old friend. Funny how the years fall away when we remember our old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More sad than growing apart, her not reconnecting. It's like that some times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when she was moving and called us over and told us to take anything we wanted and then wanted to charge money. I remember we didn't take anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people come into our lives and stay for awhile. We learn from each other and then oftentimes, as happened with Connie, we grow apart and never truly reconnect in this life. I'm glad you and George remain in my life. I would truly miss you both... Hugs, love and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not every friendship is meant to last a lifetime. a lesson hard learned in my case, softened by the words of a friend that some people come into your life to serve a purpose and once that purpose is fulfilled, they leave. whether or not we understand the purpose is irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that you've lost a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life