January 26, 2021

GEORGE'S BIRTHDAY

 


Yes, it is.  And this kind loving man got up early to get me up and us off to the PET scan place.  I really adore him.

Have I told you the story of the man who came to dinner?  I had an old, cranky friend sleeping on my sofa.  She was here in town looking for a job and didn’t want to sleep on her mom’s sofa.  One day she met a tall, handsome man.  She invited him to dinner, but he realized she was predatory.  He said he would come to dinner if he could bring his roommate.  She said yes.

She cleaned up the cottage.  She baked a pork roast.  They were all nice and cozy together when I got home from work.  I took one look at the cute bearded roommate and was gone.  He had enough sense to try and fade away into the background.  It didn’t work.  I put a lot of work into being a better person to match his better person, and I’m so lucky to have him in my life now for 38 years.

He bought himself a full Sous Vide set for Christmas.  After the holidays, he bought a cute little red, dehydrator for all the fruits that came with our free dinners that we aren’t eating.  This week he bought us new backup hard drives.  (I hadn’t known they were so appallingly expensive.)  He’s been kind to himself.  He said the hard drives were his birthday gifts to himself.

He needs socks.  I think they stopped making the only ones he really likes. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Happy Birthday dearest G.
  • Myself:  Radioactive be me.
  • Reading:  Nothing….I read all the Longmires.
  • Watching:  KPBS
  • Photo:  I took it.
  • Gratitude’s:  That the rest of my day is free.  That all my photos and journals will have a backup home.
  •  

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Glad I came to dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are perfect together. Happy birthday, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely day to have a birth day. Happy Birthday, George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end made me chuckle: :He needs socks."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday George. Haven't met you but from all I've read, you are one heck of a guy. Get the guy some socks:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday George. I met my permanent man in a similar fashion. followed a friend returning a truck to his sister who was at her boyfriend's apartment, he opened the door and that was it for me, I was a goner. it was several months later when the same friend brought him over to where I was living and he said I smiled at him and he was a goner. 44 years so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, George. Hope you like the socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Handsome George! I already know from Mage what a SUPER awesome husband you are. Thank you for all you do, for all you are.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life