January 25, 2021

SHOTS AND OTHER ORTS


We went an hour early.  The lines were long, wrapping around several blocks downtown.  I brought coffee, water, and two books having watched the length of the lines on TV.  We had our printed out forms, we had our codes, and we had our senses of humor.  I also ended up getting my shot…Moderna.  Since we didn’t sign in right away in hopes of getting our second shots together, the reservations were all taken today.  I am getting mine 28 days out.

They were closed today because of the high winds.  Tomorrow G can get his shot.

Tomorrow I have a PET scan to see if the cancer has blossomed anywhere else.  

The next few weeks look as if a phalanx of medical appointments are just waiting to pounce.

Today we took our donuts to the beach and watched the waves crash up on the pier and the sand.

 


9 comments:

  1. I've seen the long lines for shots. I'm assuming you had to keep your car on and inch along toward the goal? What a waste of gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had your shot. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you waited it out and got shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for the Moderna too. Right now, Hawaii is only giving shots to those over 75. I'm in the next group. Mom and Art both got theirs. It was the Pfizer shot. I'm so happy you got your 1st shot and that George will get his too. Our shots are all given by appointment in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got your shot and both you and George will be in-process. Got my first one Saturday Pfizer and an appt in three weeks for the next one. It went really smoothly here but we are a smaller town, 30,000. And they are doing it the same way they do flu shots every year at the Fairgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got your shot and George will get his tomorrow. One thing less to worry about. Hope your scan brings good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts to the beach. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm finishing up about 2 months worth of dr appointments. all telling me things have gotten worse. one more next month, bone density. I hope your results turn out better than mine.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life