January 9, 2008

A New Year's Survey





Where some of the secrets are hidden. 2007.



With THANKS to Jasspirit who got this from Witchywomoon :

1) What's one thing that’s heavily weighing on your mind? I’m worried about my hip and knee. Parts keep giving out and getting fixed and not staying fixed.

2) What's one thing you've learned from a good friendship gone bad? To let it go. If you can’t remember what you did, pray about it. It takes two to make a friendship.

3) What's one thing you've learned lately from love? Acceptance. Love can sure surprise you.

4) Is there anyone special in your life in general at the moment? Yes, G. Most of all, G.

5) What's a happy time you've had in the past week? I really enjoyed two days at home with G, one of which we did almost nothing.

6) Is there anything in your past that you'd like to try again? There’s that acceptance stuff again.

7) Who do you like to spend your nights with? A warm G in the winter.

8) Are you an emotional person? I cry at all sorts of things.
9) Are you self-conscious? Oh yes, but trying to wean myself. More acceptance.

10. Do you think of others before yourself? I try to, but it always comes out the other way.

11) What's something that can always make you feel better? Writing.

12) Who was the last person you had a crush on? G….did you think I would tell you anything else?

13) Where do you see yourself this time next year? Healthier.

14) Do you tend to make relationships complicated? Sure. I think.

15) Who do you feel the most comfortable around? G, long time friends like several here, or long term friends from college.

16) Is there something that you're waiting for? Things like my knee to get better.

17) One thing you're not looking forward to? Tomorrow at the doc.

18) How do you feel about change? I hate change. I fight it every time….but there it is, good for me in the end.

19) What are you most looking forward to? Going on the Alaska trip after baseball. I hope, I hope.

20) What are your plans for your next birthday? None.

21) Do you even care about your birthday? Yes, it is my day, but like learning how to eat again, portion control is very important even with birthdays.

22) Do you think anyone in general out there loves you? Yes!

23) When do you think the world will end? Long after I am gone. God has a sense of humor, you know.

24) What's the most expensive piece of clothing you own? Nothing, really any more. Then I thought about it and remembered that I own a pair of black Ferragamo dress ballet flats.

25) Why do you drive the car you have right now? 1. Paid for. 2. It got 30 mpg until GM fixed it on a recall. 3. Very safe with a full body frame. 4. Very comfortable with a big seat and height to see over the crowds on the freeway. 5. It suits. You asked.
26) Do you still talk to the person you LAST kissed? You bet.

27) Have you ever seen your best friend cry? Yes.
28) What kind of vitamins did you take as a kid? I didn’t. I remember the neighbor kids taking things they called footballs.
30) Did you get any compliments today? I haven’t seen anybody.

31) Are you friends with your neighbors? Yes, three of them.

32) What were you just thinking about? One neighbor getting old and forgetting things……..then: I have to call her: then, I have to call Dr. Jay: then, Duck.

33) Name the places you have lived in?
  • San Diego till I was 4

  • Chula Vista till I was 18

  • Ft. McClellan AL

  • FT Benjamin Harrison IN

  • Ft Eustis VA

  • Los Angeles CA

  • Hollywood CA

  • Beverly Hills, CA

  • Los Angeles CA,

  • Chula Vista CA

  • Imperial Beach CA

  • San Diego CA

  • Ocean Beach


34) When was the last time you drove more than 15 minutes? I cannot remember when. WOW!

35) Have ever had a crush your on your sister's/brother's friend? I am an only child.

36) When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Good, the hair is out of my way.

37) When is the next time you will make out with somebody? Soon.

38) What's a word that rhymes with "LUCK.” Duck indeed.
39) What's your favorite planet? Mercury when it’s hanging near the moon.
40) Who's the 2nd person on your missed calls list? It’s a scam. And how should I know what a missed call list was. Bless Google.

41) What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? One that I can hear.

42) What shirt are you wearing right now? Jones of NY purple knit….boy is this one used too.

43) What do you "label" yourself as? Artist, writer, recovering alcoholic, addict, and smoker.

44) Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing? Uggs, very old ones, but my feet are warm.

45) Bright or dark room? Bright. I can see the kids walking home from school in the afternoons.

46) What do you think about the person who last took this survey? I admire the heck out of her.

47) If you're alone in a room with two beds, which one do you sleep in? The one nearest to the TV and the bathroom.

48) What were you doing at midnight last night? Snoring. Happily.

49) What did your last text message you received on your mobile say? I don’t do text messages. What a scam.

50) What just so happens to be the best song in the world? Geeezzzzz…..Willy Nelson, BeeGees, Rachmanoff, Miles Davis…….and more.

51) What's a word or phrase that you say a lot? Cool, and one other I’m not supposed to say here.

52) Who told you he/she loved you last? My daughter Marie.

53) Last furry thing you touched? I can’t remember.

54) How many drugs have you done in the past 3 days? Tylenol. And I hate doing it.

56) Do you have any film that needs to be developed? No, but I own two rolls.

58) Hats or beanies? Visors when I am not working, at work, baseball hats.

59) Your worst enemy? Me.

60) What is your current desktop picture? A mountain scene from our last trip to Utah.

61) What is the last thing you said to someone? “I Love ya!” to G

62) Do you love someone? A lot of someones. First I have G, two kids, and 14 grandkids…some I do not know at all well. Then I am blessed with some truly wonderful friends I dearly love.
63) Last song you listened to? Something on the truck radio yesterday.

64) If the last person you spoke to on the phone was getting shot at, what would you say? “Tell me where you are and I will call 911.”

65) Do you do the games in the ads on Myspace? No Myspace. Gee, that’s simple.

66) What are your favorite PJs? Just the tops, mam.

67) What do you do when you pass graveyards? Stop and take pictures. Especially if we are passing a rural graveyard or a battlefield.

68) Have you ever seen a shooting star? Yes. And a comet too.

69). How old do you think you'll live to be? About 85 or 90. Until being worn out is too much to live with.

70. List five things you want to do in your lifetime:
  • Travel more: Alaska, Italy, Greece, The British Isles, lots of cruises.

  • Write every day.

  • Have another show. Maybe two.

  • Work at my “job” less.

  • Keep going to school.

  • Begin to doodle again.


71) What do you put on your hamburgers? Everything known to man: Mayo, Catsup, lettuce, tomatoe, red onions, pickle slices, bacon, chili, and a hot pepper on the side.

72) Do you eat raw hot dogs? No, I like me better than I like bacteria.
73) Do you like sushi? Nope, see above.
74) How much salad dressing do you put on your salad? Less everyday.



Duck: Bloody from his scratching.
Me: Class first, then doc.
G: Dentist first then doc.
Weather: 62 for the high. 42 for the low.
WW: Leftovers were good. Today fajitas without the tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

postcards

Celebration of Life