2017: Amtrak in the LA station ready to head north.
A friend of ours is traveling around America on the train. He’s riding in the luxury of a private car, something I’ve never done. Still, his enthusiasms led me to my train pictures for one particular image I could use to talk about taking a train trip. Of course, I didn’t just find one that symbolized the trips. I found myself lost in the many images that brought me happiness. I thought I might show you a few.
2017: Miles of empty coastline.
2017 Gantry on Vandenburgh AFB
George went to a lot of trouble to get an almost in focus image of one of the Vandenburgh Missile gantries.
River Mill Dam outside Portland OR.
Seeing the wonderful views, seeing the friends and family makes me want to take this trip right now today. Although the friend is long gone, the family is still with us.
- Himself: Laundry, bread, cookies, gaming, being funny.
- Myself: Did leaves most of yesterday. Started to do more leaves but got distracted by train pictures.
- Reading: Randal Garrett’s TO MANY MAGICIANS
- Watching: NCIS
- Photos: Mine and G’s
- Weather: 40’s earlier, low 60’s now with a few high clouds.
- Gratitude’s: That I can leaf later.