April 1, 2008

Dear Email






The four masted Top Sail Schooner training ship “Juan Sebastian de Elcano” from Cadiz, Spain.




Photos: Taken of the Elcano while she was in San Diego for a weeks stay, Sunday March 30, 2008.

Duck: A very bad day.

Me: Kept moving. Only when I got home was I too cold to sleep and hurt to much to stay asleep. Added quilt, things got better.

G: The home called again.

Work: Padre’s 2008 Schedule.
Dear ME..............

It was an endless game. One to zero forever into the forth leaving even the paramedics doing crosswords. G sits up in 310?’s somewhere, and he was the only warm person within a mile in his leather bomber jacket. I was ok until I got to bed then I couldn't get warm. Obviously I had needed to run out on the field not only so you could see me but to get warm. Thousands left early frozen in their shorts and no coat look.

Cla Meredith pitched the 9th and G reports he did good. He's living on the other side of the ballpark now, and I haven't seen him yet this season. Young pitching today. Maybe we will win again. :)

I'll be looking deep into the TV to see if I can find you out there watching.

Luv, Me



Good morning dear G..........

I managed to do some thinking last night, and fit a little sleep in
between the grains of brain movement. I got up at seven, and that will have to do.

Tomorrow is a Maria day; can you leave her a check?
There's not a lot of food in the house........I'm taking the chili to
work as dinner. Why not have a hot dog while checking on Levis at Costco
tonight? You are the man without the Levis. Just a thought. In the mean time, I'm denting the email, writing a short blog, and headed off to listen to whatever the boss thinks I need hear. I'm not optimistic. If we didn't need the money, so sorry about the teeth, trip, tires, bed, trip, and bills, I would retire.

I'll start the laundry tomorrow if you will haul it down for me.

And too, if there are any Duck adventures, do let me know.

Waking slowly............yer M.............. Smoooooccchhh8iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii poos.........of which we need more.



No thinking. Not allowed.
Yes, I will leave a check. Yes, I will do a hot dog and Levis shopping.
Yes I will schlep laundry.

I will also add the pictures I took at the ballpark yesterday to your
computer in the 2008 Petco Park jpeg folder.

We will deal with what ever yer boss thinks up and I will keep you up to
date with Duck adventures.

You enjoy the day and dress warm!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))




You are beyond a dear.
Yes sir, yes sir, and yes sir.

She says looking like Duck and wiping tears from her eyes. I'm writing a Duck letter now, and answering email. Yes, too, I have made dentist and leg appointments and feel heroic.
Hugs and love and thank you for being there too..........Luv me



Good morning dear Friends of Duck........

He hasn't been doing well lately. I thought you might like to know.

His confusions have increased as have his hallucinations. He now believes that his mother is still alive. He gets lost every day between his room and the nursing station half way down the hall. Yesterday he slipped by the front desk and rolled down the block where he was found toppled over onto the sidewalk. He has scraped his arm and bruised a rib in the fall. No matter how many times he is told that "He is home," he wants to go home....and home is Whitewater tho he insists he can take a bus there.

We wanted you to know that soon, rather than later, there will come a point he might have to be moved to a locked down facility for his own safety. If the Doctor's and Social Service workers decide to do this, we feel we must go along with the decision. We go to see him daily now, but if he is moved we cannot drive clear inland after work. We will visit him on weekends but know his fading will be accelerated by the move.

Thanks for listening.........Duck’s friends



Hi dear Boyden's friends...........

Have a great trip home Al and Belinda, and yes, we are a pretty fine group. :)

Here's the "LBJ's Pedernales River Chili" from "A Treasury of White House Cooking" - by Rysavy.

(Half Recipe)
2 Pounds ground Turkey (Recipe says 2 pounds ground chuck)
1 Onion chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic - crushed
5 shakes of Tabasco
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seed
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
(used two heaping Gephardt’s chili powder plus one tablespoon sweet California chili pwdr)
1 -2 1/2 can of smashed tomatoes (big)
1 - 2 1/2 can of kidney beans (big can)
1 Cup of hot water.

Sauté meat and onion. Add spices and stir in. Add everything else, bring to a boil, simmer stirring often, and serve with a side of Jalapenos.

"Veggie Chili"

Replace the meat with one can, pinto beans and two small cans of mushrooms.

Hope to see you all before summer.

Hugs.......me



1 comment:

  1. What a babe in the photo!
    I feel quite sad about Duck, I have grown quite fond of him through his stories, actually your stories. I will keep him in my prayers at night. I will keep you there too.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life