- I trained a new and nervous young thing to do my job, and dragged in the next day to turn in a sheet listing dates that I could come to a game. I won two tickets from the team for being a good me. Then I went to a game on my day off….a busman’s holiday. We sat up in the 310’s tho I was offered seats in 101. That was a kind offer but didn’t seem fair.
- Sunday’s game turned out to last 18 innings. G and I watched the last four at home. Our team won.
- At the moment, the totally maddening rash that had been bedeviling me for over a year is gone. Maybe a year and a half in time, and tube after tube of goo. I switched pressure stockings, and it appears I am allergic to latex. Why couldn’t one of these learned doctor’s figure this out?
- We stopped to visit G’s mom and dad. I took a picture or two and mailed one to his brother. Later, after photographing an acre of flags, G caught me tidying up Dale’s grave.
- It was almost ten when we looked in the appointment book. I was to present a token to Mari for 30 years of sobriety. What a rush....we had almost forgotten…and off we went. We took her to a quick lunch, she brought her light walker, and we made it to the meeting on time. Only after the meeting, or was that before, did G mention to Mari that yesterday had been my 24th birthday. I’d forgotten in my tiredness.
May 26, 2008
Of Baseball and Birthdays
at May 26, 2008
Out of focus and with apologies. · The Nautical books are now all separated into above $35.00 and below $35.00. I went i...
The sun is out. The leaves on the trees are almost all green now. George’s bird feeder has given one local flock of starlings a ...
The House Quilt….made up of American Historic homes plus the traditional log cabin quilt block. The first full sized quilt I made. ...
Taken from the top of the Point Loma lighthouse. We live over to the right on the top of the Point. It’s quiet and peaceful he...