- I trained a new and nervous young thing to do my job, and dragged in the next day to turn in a sheet listing dates that I could come to a game. I won two tickets from the team for being a good me. Then I went to a game on my day off….a busman’s holiday. We sat up in the 310’s tho I was offered seats in 101. That was a kind offer but didn’t seem fair.
- Sunday’s game turned out to last 18 innings. G and I watched the last four at home. Our team won.
- At the moment, the totally maddening rash that had been bedeviling me for over a year is gone. Maybe a year and a half in time, and tube after tube of goo. I switched pressure stockings, and it appears I am allergic to latex. Why couldn’t one of these learned doctor’s figure this out?
- We stopped to visit G’s mom and dad. I took a picture or two and mailed one to his brother. Later, after photographing an acre of flags, G caught me tidying up Dale’s grave.
- It was almost ten when we looked in the appointment book. I was to present a token to Mari for 30 years of sobriety. What a rush....we had almost forgotten…and off we went. We took her to a quick lunch, she brought her light walker, and we made it to the meeting on time. Only after the meeting, or was that before, did G mention to Mari that yesterday had been my 24th birthday. I’d forgotten in my tiredness.
May 26, 2008
Of Baseball and Birthdays
at May 26, 2008
Peter in front of a wall sculpture. We were invited up to Peter Knego’s home to see the latest installation. Abstract flat ...
Torrey Pines above the ocean. Torrey Pines slough. I love the world I see from the train. The great sw...
I must confess what you already knew…I’m a slob. I take jewelry off and put it in a pot on top of my dresser. I don’t just t...
From “Trappings” a show at the Mingei Museum, 2017. When I was a kid, many horse in our holiday parades wore decorated saddles like ...