August 15, 2008

Greenery




House and barn.



Himself: Able to see his problem and put it in perspective.

Herself: Had a great day….but almost fell asleep over the computer again after lunch.

Food: Salads. Heroic.

OD Friends: Please keep several of our OD friends in your thoughts: Marion B who has been distracted in finishing the last of her book and is waiting for a prognosis, Dave Dog, who is home again and feeling really good, and Thomas. whose sense of humor is returning. Thank you.

Duck: Duck’s Flickr album: easily accessible.
  • Life is just a bowl of carrots today. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at breakfasts like that. Green beans yesterday. Beets the day before. G’s front is retreating. Our goal, officially stated yesterday, to be at our goal weights by the Alaska trip next year. Sounds good to me.


  • And salads. Salads at Souplantation with two lovely, delightful, OD’ers. Did I say they were nice? They were able to laugh too. Marvelous. I hope we do this again soon. Then when we picked Pete up at dinner time, we were really ready to roll in the green again. Salads by the bay at Pizza Nova and good conversation. What more could one want. I told the OD’ers how to find Pizza Nova and recommended the salads….not the soups. “Ask for fresh rolls too,” I told Pete when his first batch arrived at the table too hard to eat.


  • Exercise: He isn’t. Whoops. She is. I felt great yesterday. Amazing what happens when one removes an allergy item or two. Add water aerobics, and I knew I was going to live. I haven’t figured out if I can swim, volunteer, and do a ball game all in one day yet, but I am thinking about it. Perhaps that’s overkill for the first week?


  • Spent some time hacking and slashing on the Comic-Con piece. The writers group was right that it read better with the personal stuff in the beginning then bits intermixed. The way I had it laid out was history and straight reporting in the first half, and personal experience and reportage in the second half. Now it is a more balanced piece. I learn. Let’s hope I retain some things they share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

postcards

Celebration of Life