December 30, 2008

Doh - mess - ticities


Pico asleep in the chair…but not for long, 1980.



Himself: Came home to blitz through pancakes while I egged. That was such a nice breakfast for dinner. Thanks G.

Herself: Swam. Failed domestics 101 and wrote instead.

Balance: Didn’t do well at balance, but did well at writing. I’ll try for a better balance in life today.
We are outta milk. We are almost out of sugar. I’ll have bread and butter instead. We are out of butter? Maybe I had better get to the store after all.

I spent my day, after I recovered from the chill of the pool, with my nose in my computer. I had been wanting to prepare some small entries for the days I cannot do two finger typing after surgery. Yesterday I got stuck in Prora. Really stuck. It’s the largest remaining artifact left from the Third Reich. Imagine a hotel that will hold 20,000 guests.

What I wrote to in the end is a nice soulless article on Prora. No life to it. No humor, no nada, just bowls of facts in tidy order. Very boring.

What I want to know is why Hitler wanted a vacation hotel that would house 20,000 workers at once. Knowing that sort of fact would put a little spice in my tale or a little heat in the kimchi.

Instead of spending my today marshalling facts, I need to marshal recipes. Something for the slow cooker. Something for the tastebuds too. Three meals a day through next Monday, then after confessing to the weight gain, lots of no fat, no salt, and small portions to rule the day.

Can I even remember my Weight Watchers password?

1 comment:

  1. Now you have ME intrigued about why Hitler would want 20,000 workers in his vacation hotel. So do what writers do best: make it up! "As seen through the eyes of ..." Have fun with it. Inquiring minds wanta know!

    ReplyDelete

Please, take just a moment to leave me a note. I really appreciate notes.

ANTICIPATION

Relaxing as we head out around the US It was physical time today.  We got to the lab well before 7AM, but there was no order.  We c...