Herself: Swam, ate too much butter everywhere, worked on the Alaskan Album. Supposed to be a scorcher again today. I'm hiding with my prayers with ill friends or waiting friends and the firefighters.
Reading: Blogs when I needed to do email now that I have email again, then finally read eamil. G's still doesn't have email.
Balance: The cool water in the pool this morning.
- At 1745, the temperature has moved downward to 74 on the front deck. Do I believe this? Somehow the sun seems to burn the skin, I don't remember that from years past, and the humidity climbs. Tho I do not have to have an air conditioner as the most important thing in our lives, my life, his life, the fans are still on.
- Food, food, food out. Breakfast pancakes and bacon for me, and one of Perry's specials...a regular waffle, bacon, a scrambled egg for G. Good company too. No lunch needed. Dinner was to be Phil's BBQ....but they are closed on Monday, a salient point forgotten in the rush to food. Oh, we are such pigs. Dinner was at Red Lobster instead....where I did a take home box until I saw the key lime pie and was a gonner. G wallowed happily in all you can eat shrimp. Garlic shrimp, and again, and again, then cajun shrimp, coconut shrimp, teriyaki shrimp, and batter fried shrimp and more shrimp. Extra butter on everything....extra whipped cream on the pie. I've died and gone to heaven. Phil's postponed till tomorrow night.
- Dieting is a necessity now.....our pants no longer fit either of us, and buying new pants is not a form of dieting. Dieting starts Wednesday. Yes, really.
- Once long, long ago and far away my dear G bought his mother, Ruby, a ruby stone set deep into a golden seashell. Yesterday night he noticed that the ruby was missing from the sea shell. I who has been losing everything lately, didn't worry. Just today I forgot my keys and lost my favorite big Indian silver hair clip. Why I became Mz. Who-Me-Not-Worry, I will never know. I always worry. The keys were at home, the clip was stuck backwards inside a reversed pocket, and G found the ruby just lying amidst sawdust on the garage floor mid day. What a gift.
- The Alaskan album progresses. Inching along through the day, I've reached Skagway and the forever wonderful Seedys. I have to say, it's flat out fun to stick pictures of her into an album. Leaves me grinning, it does.