January 28, 2010

Maintenance




It was time to clean this blockage, tidy this bit, rearrange another bit…..




Himself: Swam, applied for jobs, rethought the construction project when he discovered our old doors were hollow.

Herself: Got that doctor’s visit in.

Reading: Volume three of the Drumberly series by Stevenson.

Balance: Reading quietly in bed at the close of day.

”Oh, yes, that’s pre-cancerous,” said the doctor looking at my forehead, bringing out her long swab and cup of dry ice while I told her “all” off my list.

“I liked the torch thing better,” I suggested

“This covers a smaller area.”

I think I would like to have the larger area and speed of killing those cells off than the agony of her swabs.

She got my nose, ear, and cheek too. Said I needed an upper GI for the esophageal leakage and coughing, to which I replied no. Not yet. Thank you. I’m trying a new, overly designed packaged nasal spray, and I told her that I might switch to Kaiser next year. No one is happy about that maintenance decision.

I came home to finish the family album at last….much like getting my nose, ear and cheek done. Maintenance….getting those lost photographs in order. Then I tackled the poem I am to read today…..getting my dead cells in order here. More maintenance.

Dinner was a well balanced peanut butter and jelly sandwich a portion of which plopped itself down the front of my shirt. Even more maintenance.

It was that sort of day when you laugh at yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed!!!! And remember, tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mage, sounds awful. Is the doctor secure that she/he got the area removed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the esophageal thing too. I'll try to squeeze in a few minutes to email you this weekend. I need to figure some things out about it. Your post today reminds me I need to get up close and personal with my dermatologist soon. I need to make a list too!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life