March 2, 2010

A Yearly Visit




A not looking just the same me with a just the same Doc.



Himself: Skipped swimming to take me to the surgeon’s office. Remembered what the doc said for me. Took me to Brian’s for lunch.

Herself: Couldn’t stop coughing at the doc’s office.

Reading: Willis’s “Doomsday Book.”

Gratitude: Doctor Sise and a yearly visit, wonderful notes, sunshine, G.

I wasn’t looking forward to this. Not only had I gained weight, but I had stopped walking. And, I hadn’t been wearing a full leg compression stocking….they slide down and cut off my circulation.

The leg looked good to him, the pulse was “Roaring,” and he was pleased with my exercise plan despite the bronchitis. Then, not only did he look at the record shot of me and kindly say I looked just the same, he explained why my legs itch and have a rash. My lymph system isn’t a good one, so it retains fluids and causes the swelling. The proteins in the fluids cause the itching. Progress is knowing what’s happening. Both G and I like that. Exercise is the solution. We like that simplicity of that too. This guy is such a winner.

The day was beautiful. I had half a sandwich and a bowl of soup….that I didn’t finish, and we went out into the sunshine.


...and there he is on the side of the hospital.

6 comments:

  1. Keep walking...just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on walking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful, when you're expecting to receive some chastisement,to hear the positive and not dwell on the negative?

    My doctor is so good with me when we discuss weight because he personally knows the struggle.

    By the way, you do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge is power. Do what Tabor says. Walking is a blessing and cures many ills. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I can walk in not on the water. Back in the pool today and little coughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good report!!!! Just keep up the good work!!!! I am cheering for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! Well, except for your bronchitis. It sounds as if the appointment picked your spirits a bit. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life