April 21, 2010

Hope




The Geezer with MJ, 2009.




It’s National Poetry Month: Spend a moment withWilliam Carlos Williams

Himself: Did not swim in rain, wind and lightening. Very disappointed.

Herself: No swimming, sorted books. Very disappointed that they did not leap up and hire him that very moment.

All is not lost; yet there was no running up the stairs. No shout to let me know he got the job. Just silence. Just a stop at the bathroom and a change of clothes before he took the time to talk with me.

All is not lost. He’s been asked back for another interview with a different board member. Next week. He likes the idea of this company, but there were three folders on the owners desk. Three people interviewing for the job.

We will swim today, and I am off to the women’s group to read a small poem or two. One is even new. My deep disappointment has been slightly mitigated by time, by Vietnamese Noodles and various spicy sauces.

Tomorrow is a new day.


The elder G’s: Ruby and John, with G and his brother at Buckingham Palace 1960’s.

6 comments:

  1. I know you are disappointed and anxious. Unemployment is such an awful experience, you feel so helpless. We'll continue to hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he convinced three people and they invited him back for another interview. This means he'll get the job because he fits and not on the luck of the draw. Even though it might not feel so, this could be good news. I do so hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was out of work for almost two years when she moved out of state. So we started looking into home business possibilities. I would like to invite you to check out my blog and home business. I am sharing info about using free resources from the internet for your home business needs. My business gives me unlimited use of travel discount vouchers and free web materials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the anxiousness and so hope you are not disappointed. Today's job market is so unrealistic and cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tabor! For anyone interested my blog is, www.gofindcindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting can be so hard! I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you both.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life