Himself: Swam, worked, picked up meds at Kaiser….did all those good things, he says.
Herself: …and the quilt blog too: Swam, drove around and did errands and bought pants all by myself. Hey, I haven’t been anywhere by myself in 14 months. I’ve gotten so damned timid. At least the groceries and laundry got done too.
My Babylonian Captivity: Do stop in and read Tugster's experience as a human shield. He writes that, “ i was captured in kuwait (where i was teaching in the kuwaiti air force)….”
Gratitude: G, always G, and I am grateful to be retired.
- Blogs…I actually have been getting around to reading all my friends on both blogs. Sometimes there’s no time to note, but I am there reading you. Thank you for being there.
- No one has told me nada about no one. There’s the bottom line. We visited Lee and found most of his family with him. Hurrah. Nice to meet those we hadn’t met before. What a great bunch. I’ve been hesitating to call Marion B. I really don’t want to bother her after listening to her the other day. All I can do is believe that her son will call me when the poems are ready to go to Kennette for editing. Daughter Lenora is reduced to tears when I say something. Perhaps she thinks I still have money and can bail her out. I don’t have any money, but I really care….which doesn’t help her at all when she is now on the verge of losing her house.
- Bee is coming down today. Bee is married to Mikey whose mom died at 99 this week. Mikey also had a biopsy of a spot on his lung yesterday. The world is nothing but abrupt changes these last few weeks. All of us here are tired of the negative, and I focus on the positive as I tidy my messes so that Bee can think I’ve grown and changed for the positive over the years. My thought is that she knows I am a slob, she just doesn’t need her nose rubbed in it for a couple of hours.
- Slowly G’s job settles in. Slowly we discover how new this company is as the jobs and orts and pieces are sorted out. Slowly they catch on, and he makes great efforts to communicate verbally and in writing. “I found a car but have no license or VIN. When I went to the door, no one spoke English. Please send someone who speaks Spanish.” They don’t speak Gringo and are afraid of immigration….the reality.
- I get a picture book from the library on Barcelona. I want to see where our granddaughter Sally is growing up. I cannot imagine what her life must be like, her language skills….does she speak Catalan too, her friends, and her father’s jobs and friends. Sometimes Barcelona seems so far away. Then again, I have a granddaughter just down the hill who has been taught we are not ok folks. I miss knowing her too.
- Poetry class. Marion is simplifying her life but does this mean the poetry class. I would think so….but I’m not Marion. Georgianna can’t breathe, yet she won’t go to the doctor. Here the changes are so tenuous…so fragile I have to pause to breathe myself.
- The sun is out. Wow. I’m so looking forward with an hour spent talking with Bee. An extra pot of coffee has been made, the house dust mites are stirred a bit, the bed will be made in a moment. Later today, I will grab the bull by the horn and make phone calls….Lee, Marion, JJ….who stays in better phone contact with everyone than I do. First I need to just get dressed. Then I need to hug G and Bee, and lastly I need to communicate.