October 12, 2010

Domestic Me





Laundry, tidy, dryer, tidy, laundry, the mantra of a Monday. After I talk with Bee on Mondays, I pickup after me. Not the Geezer, mind you, but me.

One paper has a tendency to grow into ten. One project that starts in a small space has this magic ability to spread itself to cover all desk and table spaces. Ditto contents of purses, pockets, and boxes and bags.

I forgot to dust the rafters.

Why is that important? Merry the Maid is very short. She does well at eye level but not at cathedral ceiling level. I have a long handled duster, and G has a painters extension pole. If you want me, after the dentist I shall be continuing my domesticity with soupcons of that last Harry Potter intermixed with the removal of garlands of hanging dust.

I'm really enjoying these quiet moments.

4 comments:

  1. Having spent the morning clearing up the 'upstairs' after all the medical palaver I share your satisfaction at 'getting straight'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper = rabbits. Just two and you are screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying the quiet moments. I also love the word 'soupçon'! :) Reminds me of the character Diane Chambers on CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same one paper = ten problem that you do. You should see my desk! On second thought, no! You shouldn't!

    ReplyDelete

Please, take just a moment to leave me a note. I really appreciate notes.

SORTING

Portland Union station Work has been sorted, and I’m home to sort my own things now.  I’ve gained roundness.  G says we are Mr. and ...