December 28, 2010

A Walking Kind of Day

December 20, 2010



Passing Cabo San Lucas on the port side as we head to Puerto Vallarta.


No stairs. That’s been my motto since I got on board. Much to my surprise, my hip rarely hurts. My knee is still with me tho. I’m walking all over this giant ship horizontally but not vertically. Today will be another day of walking as it is our third day at sea.



We managed a kitchen tour….there was no one to guide us. Met the head chef, thanked him for the good food, then since we were there ate in the main dining room for lunch. Then I dozed off in the library probably driving everyone mad with my snoring. Magically, I woke in time to meet G and learn how to create crème brule and a lobster salad in the Culinary Arts kitchen. So much of my day food centered and I not at all hungry.


Simple quiet days slowed down only by my inability to use this laptop keyboard with any ease and my stomach.



The Day in Review:Wonderful kitchen tour. Got our table assignment in the main dining room. Really well cooked and presented food. Met our tablemates…two other couples and both into insurance in one form or other. Show filled with enthusiasm and marvelously inventive costumes….but a little too long. I’m eating less and enjoying life more.

Since getting home: We got the laundry done our first day home. Began feeling better immediately. He started back to work yesterday, and I began saving and moving the year’s photos to the backup hard drive. Backed up the year’s journals too. I’m ready for 2011.





8 comments:

  1. Walking is a concern for me too. I am happy to hear you got your sea legs, even if they were only horizontal. I'm looking forward to 2011 also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I want that dessert! OMG! And I want the dessert dishes too! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the two of you in the post below. You are very handsome. Probably just as well you weren't able to eat. Fewer regrets afterward. I keep telling myself I tried almost everything at least once, so why do it again. Of course, that doesn't work.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. THREE types of creme brulee? You must be kidding or you have died and gone to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always the photos are gorgeous...makes me excited for our cruise the end of January....Glad you are feeling better now that you are home again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, creme brulee, hope you at least got a taste! Glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lobster and Crème brûlée... SIGH!

    Glad to know you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure which is more delightful: Geezer's smile or that orchid!

    Glad your stomach is better. And horizontal is good!!!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life