Herself: Jay is looking good tho is voice was damaged by surgery for a blocked artery. On Plum seven. Sewed a bit too. Thrift store today. ....where Timothy M stopped by to see me. Old friend who looks well despite a physically harrowing year.
Lessa: She posted her essay, A Silence that Kills today. She also posted her piece, “Second Chances” just below that. She vows to write more often.
- Tsunami watch here on our coastline. I view the first films out of Japan with horror. I hear the sirens in HI as background to the local news as they tell us to stay away from the coastline. I’ll go about my day with an eye on friends who live in the islands.
- Talking with Jay over dinner about Dr. Jay. He’s doing far worse than I could have imagined. His home now resembles a hoarder’s. His kitchen sink remains broken, he does dishes in his tub, he doesn’t shower, he can no longer concentrate when he is awake. He’s sleeping almost 23 hours a day….with his cat on his sofa. All his friends are putting distance between them, and because of his decisions he’s becoming very alone. Speaking of horror.
- Lenora remains very angry with me. I remember being very angry at my alcoholic mother for all those years. “It was all her fault.” I didn’t know that I could take charge of my own life and let that anger go. She’s upset with me because I don’t write about her. Her story is her’s to tell not mine tho I wish I could rebut her sadness.
- We changed the blanket on the bed. Too hot Wednesday night, that was us. Last night, perhaps we were too cool. Night mares about lost grandkids…..perhaps it was the food. Nightmares about facebook and family there. Guck! We are not eating at that restaurant again.
- Tax time. Normally we get our stuff to the tax man asap. Not this year. Not all the 1099’s have arrived nor have explanations why they are late. We are just going to add the totals…..including office space, electric, and all those home office things for G. I’ll get the pile to our tax guy next week and suggest he make the ritual calls to Key for the not here 1099’s. We will get ourselves in the queue and hope for the best.
- Stay high today. Don’t go to the beach. Even if the waves don’t get you, the crowds will.