Herself: Tagging along with G this morning.
- Estate sales today. Himself wants to shop. I am looking for a reading light for the Morris Chair, but I believe he just wants to let the pressure of life get lessened with a little shopping. One sale is at Dr. Lee’s house. When an estate sale lists “butterfly collectibles and bonsai,” you know that only one person collected both. I don’t know if we will go or not.
- The reluctant quilt….that’s it; the blue quilt as endless. It’s the reluctant quilter sewing on a giant quilt made up of two inch, blue squares. I finally stopped complaining and started sewing again this week. I made a big pile of the pieces for the remaining five rows and started sewing in one long row. I carefully placed the next pieces to be sewn in another pile. Let us hope that these piles stay in order otherwise I will have cacophony. I’ll take pictures later today as the pile of finished blocks is growing.
- Lessa made a B+ on an English essay all by herself. She didn’t run it by me or the teacher before submitting it. I’m so proud of her I could burst.
- Never leave home without thinking or shoes. I sure did yesterday. I got to the thrift store, and I discovered I was wearing my house slippers….most comfortable shoes but totally non supportive of fat old ladies on their feet for hours. Much against my house rules, I bought two pair of new/used shoes. One pair of black grasshoppers matched my black shirt, and a pair of brown Bjorn clogs were something I had wanted for a while but weren’t in my budget. Us volunteers got big discounts yesterday, so I felt vastly less guilty for my two new pairs of shoes.
- I did get underneath the kitchen sink cleaned out and organized. That lessened a bit of the guilt from the shoes and made me feel heroic for a moment or two.
- I’m living proof that you can eat chocolate chip cookies and lose weight. I managed to go to the gym every day this week, and I lost weight. The aches and pains are thinking about returning tho, and the cough creeps back in. I was going to give my smaller pants to Lessa, but she too is going to the gym every day for far longer hours than I. I guess I will just keep the good pants and think positive.
- Around town: “Finish Chelsea’s Run” is being held in Balboa Park this morning. She’s the beautiful young girl who was murdered by Gardener last year while she was running. Horrifying. Big doings at the Maritime Museum with an art show which includes art and artifacts by Cook, Melville, and Gauguin. This spring, the museum will begin building San Salvador, full-sized, fully functional, and historically accurate replica of Juan Rodriquez Cabrillo’s flagship. This is going to be fun.
- There’s sunshine outside this morning. Glorious stuff. A little watery, but one cannot ask too much of the rays of winter. Later in the day, after the Geezer has headed off to the museum, I’ll pull up a chair into the sunshine and read a bit. I’m on the second of Kent’s Bolitho novels. Great stuff. Well written and sucks you right in the style of Forester’s marvelous Hornblower saga. Then, don’t laugh too loud, I’m alternating these classics with another kind of volume…the Stephanie Plum mysteries. There’s an amusing reality here too. After I sew a bit tho.
- G’s down to one wreck to write. I need to go thank our dinner hosts from last night….G’s last secretary and husband who took us out to a belated dinner for his birthday. Then, if you want us, we will be out there in the sunshine. I hope you all have a lovely warm Saturday Lite of your own.