April 6, 2011

Anthology II




A Monday lunch in the park after my last PT, and yesterday a lunch on the Point. April 2011.


Yesterday and Today
Himself: It looks funny out there….his parting words heading out to the gym this morning. The world looks brown. Two days this week he has worked 0630 to 1700. Amazing. No homework.

Herself: Twice this week I’ve been sick. Stopping the Glucosamine and seeing if it gets better. Nausea isn’t my favorite companion.

By skipping the gym, oh guilt, I made it to the Old Town Trolley station in perfect time. There is a new passenger pickup where once the curb was red, and I was able to grab my friend P off the corner and head to the Point Loma Writers Workshop ahead of time. Ahead of time enough so we were able to stop at Micky D’s for a cup of their coffee before class. P goes to the Wednesday class, and she is also the one editing all the poems for the combined class’s Anthology II….as it is being temporary called.

I brought two poems to read…one the Marion Poem and the other the Blue Quilt poem. Both were written in sonnet form and at the end of 2010, and both had not been read to this group. Only one word to change in the Marion piece with everyone ooohing and ahhhhhing over the picture of Marion and M, but the Blue Quilt page got a more thorough editing. I removed the Blue Quilt photo too as it translates to mud when reduced to black and white.

P and I stopped at “On The Point” for a quick bite and more conversation before I took her back to the trolley. I must confess that I got to talking so much that I woke to find myself getting on the freeway. Oh well. One can get to old town via freeway as well as off the freeway. It just wasn’t what I planned. Ergo…talking and driving don’t work well any more for me.

Home to edit the two poems and “Cobb Salad” then submit them as final for the anthology. I was very pleased.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well! Love the photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very productive day both physically and emotionally. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presidio? Did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect lunch spot!

    You did a lot of brain work -- that makes up for the skipping the gym, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life