Herself: Better. Worked hard with the books and came home to a really simple dinner I almost forgot to get in the oven. Today first day back in pool. Home now and really shakey and seem to need a nap at 9 in the morning as my head keeps falling on my chest....
- It’s finals time here. I don’t hear from the kid or grandkids I usually hear from because everyone is immersed in finals. One or two commented on facebook so I know they are alive. Lessa had her funds cut again. How can a modern, single mother, college student live on 300 something a month. She says she has her books covered. At least they lowered her rent too. Nothing from the one going to three schools so I know things must be tough. Nothing from the one in Afghanistan either. Oy! At least we have GGgrand pictures on facebook from the east coast.
- Few surprises with the books yesterday. One children’s jungle story, c 1918 had been rebound, but if it hadn’t been, the volume would have been worth in the 300 dollar range. The signatures of three generations of boys were in the front with dates: 1920, 1948, and a date in the sixties. How could the family part with it, we all wondered. There must have been no fourth generation.
- Did I mention Grumpy was leaking from that same $600.00 spot again?
- I’m beginning to get used to the new formality of the living room. Having that rug straight with the shape of the room was the only way we could fit it in. Now we have less frivolity. I kind of miss the light heartedness of the hand crafted things that wandered about in the red room. At least we will have the blue Christmas tree again, and I can weed out thousands more of our old ornaments. All that stuff weighs on me and I am the fool who collected it.
- Open Diary down. A first tho....they are communicating with those of us who keep blogs there. This is progress on their part.
- Quiet today. Cough drops, nap, write on a new sonnet. Out to dinner with “Sponce” as G calls Don. I bought the “Dining Out Companion” to plan our eating out and am appalled at the “points” count of some of my favorite foods. And I bought one of their points counters as I figure the next few years I will be still counting my points and eating very carefully. That’s what got both G and I in such trouble this time. We ate just what we wanted. What fun tho.