- I must remind myself today, that we are not a glum lot. I will find things to smile about…if not guffaw about, all day. So there.
- Lost my favorite watch. My fault. I had it at the gym yesterday morning, and I hand carried it out to the truck rather than put it on. Silly me. Somehow, it got carried off somewhere else. Fairy wings perhaps.
- The Geezer has had a truly busy few days out in the far, far away hinterlands. Once out to Campo on Wednesday. Add an estimate in the middle, and that was a three hour trek back and forth. Yesterday he drove north to Escondido, worked, then took back country roads to Barona to do another job. Another three hour trek in 95 degree heat. He brings the last ones home and does them in the cool ocean breezes of the office. Unfortunately he’s working until nine at night. Today he’s looking forward to Friday and a three day weekend.
- Yesterday at the Poetry group we talked of Marion B, the Open Diary blogger and poet who died last year. We all miss her terribly. We miss not only her unique voice, but we miss her presence as we all had a special bond with this wonderful mentor. She also sponsored me as I struggled to understand the world I see through the haze of the disease of alcoholism. The sad news yesterday was that her oldest son has died of a brain aneurysm. I believe that Marion, her husband Richard, and Jamie are now all together again.
- I wish I’d known that the Geezer was going north yesterday. I could have sent a check north with him for Lessa. Her SUV will be a simple fix but not be ready till this afternoon. In the meantime, she’s on the bus.
- Sailing ships fill our harbor for a Festival of Sail 2011. A new/antique trolley is also running circles around downtown. I’d like to pack a lunch and go see both things this weekend. I’m not into curtailing life yet.
- I’m skipping the gym today. Only a little guilt. It’s my moment of freedom to write and think at the beginning of this very busy day. I’ll tell you, I’m sure thinking about buying a second GPS, and this time I’m not giving it to the Geezer. Gotta be able to find your doctor’s office to make those doctor’s appointments on time.
- Not a glum lot at all...tho I did get lost as usual. I've been smashed then smashed again with great care at the mammogram clinic. Just a short while later, I was smeared with warm gel and very carefully checked out with the ultra sound...measured, photographed, and inspected. Just cysts....two new ones. I'm free for a year. Oh, yes, I am saying thank you volubly. Jumping up and down, cheering.....
September 2, 2011
(EDIT) We Are Not A Glum Lot
Peter in front of a wall sculpture. We were invited up to Peter Knego’s home to see the latest installation. Abstract flat ...
Torrey Pines above the ocean. Torrey Pines slough. I love the world I see from the train. The great sw...
I must confess what you already knew…I’m a slob. I take jewelry off and put it in a pot on top of my dresser. I don’t just t...
From “Trappings” a show at the Mingei Museum, 2017. When I was a kid, many horse in our holiday parades wore decorated saddles like ...