- All of a sudden, my Student Word shows each page without a margin at the top. All the settings are the same as those I’ve always used. They match up perfectly with the basic template I use to blog every day, but each page opens right smack at the top. It’s driving me mad and G has no solution for this Windows Annoyance. If any of you have any ideas, do let me know.
- I finished the poem about forgetting, and I used
this 1967 photo of my two daughters to illustrate it. The opening lines of the first stanza say:
Once long ago I drove off and forgotmy children They were home, tucked safe in bed.I was far across town when I noticedthen rushed home at light speed to retrieve them.The horror of it still appalls me. Forgetting your children isn’t socially acceptable even during the hippy years. Yesterday I managed to forget my teeth, found on Grumpy’s floor, and my watch, found under my desk upstairs. I did have a grand time finding this shot of two happy kids to illustrate the horror of it all tho. I Photoshopped the shot, taken by my ex-husband, to make it clearer. Below is the unaltered but scanned shot. I’m pleased with the changes I made.
- There’s a huge, cold, Alaskan storm heading our way. Showers in the morning changing to pouring rain by two. Inland winds of 70 miles per hour are expected. They’ve been lightening his work load and giving him Zero new wrecks a day. Zero seems to turn into more than that, but he is still home two to three hours early a day every day. He works Monday and Tuesday next week as an outside adjuster. Wednesday morning the other Auditor’s fly in, and G will join them in Carlsbad at the company headquarters. We have lift off.
- I’m supposed to be the leader at tonight’s meeting. Tho it’s mostly newcomers, and they don’t mind what you say, I don’t think they are ready for my fragmented thinking. I intelligently skipped Speech Arts 3 in college opting for another Speech Class which was wordless. I’ve gotten far worse since then…..duh. So I will pick a topic I can manage easily like Gratitude, and I should be able to fly with that.
- The worst thing of all yesterday was that I used a Martha Stewart recipe for the dinner salad. Sliced avocado on a plate topped with a tomato cilantro dressing. Did I ever say I hate Martha’s show. She sounds so superior. Now I have to confess, this light salad was delicious, and I will serve it again. Oh, I hang my head.
April 13, 2012
Margins and Other Salsa's
1984, family in the tiny Sears Prefab, single wall construction cottage. It’s that time of year again. Time for changes big and...