May 20, 2012

Sunday Smalls






Brother Jay, left and The Geezer, right, 1966.  Heading out on a three week train trip around India.


  • Friends:  It’s going to be a busy friend week.  Dinner with the Captain at a new/old North Park restaurant where there’s no parking.  Dinner later in the week with the Feasters….please keep Jean and her bone cancer in mind.  I like any time with friends.

  • Captain Poolie at her birthday party, 2012.

  • Movies:  We saw the Avengers last night.  Just plain good, old fun.  Once or twice for me, it was a little slow.  G liked all of it.  We left the theater laughing and decided to buy it when it got to five bucks.  Today we get to go see “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.”  Ever since my friend Alice told us all about it, I was inspired.  With G’s exposure and willingness to go back to India, I was doubly inspired to see this. 

  • ...and we loved it.  "Yes, it was just like that," G would say with a smile.  "Just like that," over and over again...."but without the heat, humidity, and smells."  We loved it so much that we will see it again and buy the film.  I want to go live a month or so in India after this film.  Oh, the colors and fabrics were wonderful.  The millions of people, all the masses, yet I loved it.  "Yes, it was just like that."


  • On the home front:  I’m still floating high because Lessa passed math.  What more could one want in life than the brief banishment of a learning disability.  Heaven.




Lessa and Zoe, 2012.

9 comments:

  1. I so want to see that Judi Dench movie...but the independent theaters are over an hour away. It would have to be a well-planned evening and maybe stop at daughter's house which is now undergoing extensive remodeling...cannot just drop in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" is the only movie that has interested me all year. I love Judi Dench, but I am also put in mind of an old Agatha Christie story -- which may have nothing in common with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to visit India next year if David and I are healthy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, time spent with friends is good, and seeing movies with your spouse is good. Daughter's passing math is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you liked the film! I will bring oodles of quarters for the meter on Tuesday. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and yes I am planning on seeing the Judi Dench movie. Love the previews. Dianne

    Congrats again to Lessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do want to see the Marigold Hotel movie. I'm glad to hear you liked it so much.

    My son and his family spent a year and a half in Bangladesh. They loved it. I have always wanted to go to India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so tickled you both liked it! A month in India would be wonderful, especially if arranged in a carefully planned tour--oh the places I'd go for a month if I could--but be warned about the lack of safety guidelines. We from the U.S. are spoiled that an effort is made to safeguard our getting badly hurt as we move about the roads and cities. I still have a deep bruise on my thigh from falling in that open drainage ditch in Goa (remember, it was pitch dark with no warning signs, cars parked all over and me trying to walk on the "safe" side (the curb) instead of the traffic side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ever since I read the book that the movie is based upon, and heard that there would be a movie, I have been looking forward to it. I am so glad to hear that you liked the movie. I have not made it to the movie yet, but will try to get to it soon. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life