June 27, 2012

Are We Having Fun Yet?



Flags at Fort Rosecrans for Memorial Day.



Himself:  Managed some humor with me this morning when I couldn’t get Snapfish to load in the New Firefox.  Left for the gym before I could get it to work at all. 



Herself:  Downloaded new copies of Firefox and Chrome after a millennium of avoiding MS Exploder.  With massive help from G, of course.  Got my bookmarks moved too.  Using Chrome today.  This morning I couldn’t get the Firefox to work.  Now taking antibiotics for the leg.  Napped again.  Ate cookie, oh, guilt.


Reading:  Working on a new Bill Crider. 

Balance:   Watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone as the movie of the week last night.  It was flat out delightful and much lighter than my memory remembered.



Each browser sees the cyber world in its own way, and each browser is arranged on the screen to suit the designer.  I can usually adapt tho it may take a little work.

The newest Firefox gives me almost two full inches at the top of my monitor with nothing in it.  Air.  Muddled air, actually because it’s transparent and shows the image on my monitor.  For those of us who need every inch of space, those two empty inches are an anathema.  Nothing has changed on the OD pages with either browser.  In Postcards, It took me forever to find where to post new entries, and the banner photo on my Blogger site Postcards shows up much smaller than the space allowed.  I spent hours playing with banner images to make them fit in the newest Firefox banner space, and they are still not quite right.  Now here I am trying out Chrome.





This morning, when my photo host wouldn't load things, G suggested that I switch to Chrome.  Chrome got a rave from my friend the Captain tho earlier versions got thumbs down from the Old Poet.  Of course, Chrome shows everything in a slightly different fashion under vastly different labels in completely different spots.  For instance, I was lost for a while trying to figure out how to get the whole URL to paste it here. 

Am I having fun?  Not yet.  Eventually I will figure it all out.  In the mean time, Chrome takes only one inch of space with its tabs and tool bars at the top of my screen.  If I switch to Chrome, I will have to, once again, remeasure all my image banners for Postcards. 

Life may boil down to vision vs. laziness.




6 comments:

  1. I hate, and I do mean hate, learning new computer programs. About the time I'm comfortable with one the change it. Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about Firefox. I have an older version on my laptop, but I won't download the update. Most of the time it is all beyond me.

    Guilt and cookies? Been there done that. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what you are talking about....and it gives me a headache to think about it all. I'm just waiting for the time when my husband is bored and can fix all the problems on my computer ...which will probably not be until we move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave up on all the crappy space these browsers take up! My Comcast email would not load in Firefox and so Comcast said they were not yet compatible and I went back to IE for just my email. I hate computers but love what they do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck is chrome? I thought it was what the grill on the auto bumpers were made of. Cookies with antibiotics makes perfect sense to me though. Dr. Chocolate works similar miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! I can post comments with my phone today. Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life