- G’s company suddenly gave all staff one
more week of vacation time plus the two weeks they have now. This is a little like working in Europe…three
weeks to a month off. Although my brain
is filled with things to do with those three weeks of vacation, it’s his
“Next year we can go through the Panama Canal,” I mentioned. I know he is going to be very tired of those mentions.
- G’s approaching several folks about bowling. He’s good at it….what an archaic sport it is, and his feelers produced a few results.
- Me? I can’t say I’m happy about the poetry group. One lady talks enthusiastically, loudly, through the whole few hours. Little got read. I was amazed to find myself silent through much of the gathering tho I got some very good criticism from those who listened to my piece. I was uncomfortable. I’ll have to see what happens with it.
- Our fair city, except when we have June Gloom, has been labled an “IN” destination. Where before folks escaped to San Francisco or LA for a quick few days of fun, they now come to San Diego. Before, we were a sleepy coastal, Navy town, now we have music, clubs, resorts, plus all the other newer attractions like the Midway Museum and Legoland. Of course, for those of us who live here, I note many of us go to the desert to dry out in 113 degree heat.
- Taking them in; taking them off. What a struggle. I bought a pair of black levis cheep, at Ross,…and even tried them on. When I got home, they still fit. After wearing them for about half an hour, they slid off. I took them in. I couldn’t get them buttoned. I let them out, they fell off…why because they were cut too low. I started to take the seams I put in out for the last time, and I ripped a hole in them. All in all, a very frustrating experience.
- The new show at the Automotive Museum is a huge hit. All day yesterday the hall was jammed, the Geezer reported. Photos at Captain Poolie’s blog, and on the Geezer’s pages. How cool to have such a hit on your hands.
- Arby is coming to terms with the next Passage in her life. To quote Arby, “…my latest Passage. It's one Gail Sheehy apparently didn't know anything about; it's the Passage into old age.” I find her working through things here in OD fascinating. Perhaps my writing about it will also clarify my own passages and those of so many other’s I know who are going through the same stages. Life is a moving changing work, and we all pass through it sometimes in oblivion as I did with youth.
- We’ve seen Snow White and the
Huntsman and it’s dark, dark, dark.
Back to its original Grimm roots, they tell us. Telling you that Charlize Theron is really
excellent isn’t giving anything away.
- …and then…Jane Fonda has yet again discovered herself and has a new movie and new exercise video out at 74. At least she has admitted she’s had her face lifted. Even better, today was the day that Dragnet was born in 1954. Almost best is that our favorite store, Amvets< is now open on Sundays. Best of all, The Queen is celebrating 60 years on the throne. I’m enjoying the pageantry.
June 3, 2012
Waiting with a dozen dancing squirrels. One of my readers wrote a note yesterday. She said, “Oh, a normal post.” “I had...
Taken from the top of the Point Loma lighthouse. We live over to the right on the top of the Point. It’s quiet and peaceful he...
2010 G’S Comic Con costume glitters. Mine needs pressing. We are almost finished, and I am so glad. I’m going to take a fe...
Happy independance day to you and yours. This flag flying from the Star of India.