July 27, 2012

Simplicity



All the better to eat you with, my dear.



Himself:  Did vastly better moving around.  They switch around accounts when one of the four auditors takes a day off…tomorrow he does different things.



Herself:  Swim and books.  I spent one hour marking books with the wrong colored, wrong dated, price stamps.  There are those days.  Today more books, a BBQ, and the opening of the Olympics.  I’ve been fascinated by those since I discovered them.

Reading:  I forget and it’s downstairs.  Watching Project Runway tonight tho, and pleased they got rid of the right woman.   Buying a book on shoe history.

Balance:  Those moments of silence.

The books seemed endless this morning.  The Thursday ladies teased me from the moment they saw me. 

“Why are you here on Thursday?  You have lots more books now that you have big bookcases.  Do you know there’s a whole empty shelf out there?”

Marking two shelves of the mountain of books all wrong didn’t help my sense of humor.  I ate lunch and persevered.  There were several shelves of books sorted and priced plus one wagonload out on the floor by the time I headed home.

“Are you filling up that empty shelf,” they asked.

People don’t tease you if they don’t like you.

I came home to fix a simple dinner with a certain amount of trepidation.  The last two squashes came out of an hour in the oven hard as rocks.  The last squash took two turns in the microwave after it’s hour in the oven before we considered it edible. 

I treated this one just the same.  Turn the oven on to 425 degrees, a hot oven.  Cut it in half, remove the seeds, put one teaspoon of brown sugar and one teaspoon of margarine in the middle.  Wrap each half in foil and bake one hour.

And they came out perfect.  After two failures, doubts hover even tho you have done something a thousand times.

No emptiness here.  Fresh steamed green beans with sautéed mushrooms and a salad of cooked beets….out of a can, with oil and balsamic vinegar and a trace of goat cheese on the side.   Really simple.  The salad and the green beans took 15 minutes total, and the squash cooked all by itself. 

Tonight we are going out to a BBQ after a meeting.  Much better than cooking even simple stuff,  (I’m so lazy), then it’s home to the opening ceremonies in London. 



Olympics TV Links for your area



8 comments:

  1. Squash maybe was not ripe enough or perhaps did not get enough moisture when growing? I am eating tomatoes...again...tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going geocaching and intend to eat geosnacks all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a photo shot! I love everything about it--the angle, the colors, the subject--just awesome! Yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squash sounds delish.....wish I could have shared it with you. My husband doesn't like anything like that and I feel like it is too much trouble to just make it for myself....
    Enjoy the Opening Ceremonies...I'll be watching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veggies sound scrumptious. I too feel lazy. Hard to cook with the weather so miserable. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your veggies! Now I am inspired to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a yummy, healthy meal. I enjoyed the opening ceremonies!

    You really caught a fabulous Comic Con photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'People don’t tease you if they don’t like you'
    I wish everyone would realise this. I love teasing.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life