The lamps blink. You know you have to repair them soon or risk burning to the ground…but the first repair doesn’t work. Today he will be replacing the wall plug. There’s a sale at Frye’s too. They have a Gateway computer there that’s just as powerful as G’s best gaming computer for a pittance. It’s a Windows 7 computer, and they are all heading out as the new Windows 8 computers come in.
Why would we be interested?
Because I have a Vista computer that has a download of Windows 7 on top of the Vista. There’s an error somewhere. You can’t just metaphorically replace the plug here and have it work. We tried that. Windows has even admitted there’s an error on my computer. It eats things. Right now, while it is busy eating my latest browser download, it has also vanished some of my ability to download pictures.
I get about half that I shoot. With any camera. If I don’t want to annoy G, I drag and drop each shot where I want it. Two hundred shots a day don’t drag and drop well at all.
Other less important errands include groceries, picking up that blue rock necklace that broke while dropping off my keeper ring that broke a point, stop by our carpet company for extra padding for the red rug so it can get installed….that sort of shopping for the house.
It’s going to be a lovely day in the sun.
- Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts and donating where it will count.
- Himself: Hit two estate sales and bought a handful of our Blue Ridge/Southern Potteries. I will have to photograph them for you all. A magical coffee pot too. He went to work at the museum, and dinner was out.
- Herself: Bought some “Christmas Glittered Robins” at an estate sale. Little felt birds. Very 1960’s, and very unusual. No, we didn’t need them. Went in to work at the store when an estate sale was donated to the store. So tired that I fell asleep at 8.
- Reading: Changed books and am delighting in “Will Write for Food.”
- Balance: Sitting in the car reading while G went places and shopped.