Here the tree is finished, the presents for those here wrapped, and checks sent to the grandkids. Aaron has returned from Afghanistan and we will mail a little something off to his mom. A little something else was sent off to Lenora…who I dearly miss, and a thousand little nou-nous are wrapped for Lessa and Zoe.
I only ate two brownies and two chocolate covered Christmas trees at work yesterday, yet my guilt level seems semi under control. I hope all you cookie addicts and chocoholics can join me in letting your guilt go for the next few days. Be assured, I’ll be joining Cookies Anonymouse as soon as the holidays are over.
The house is ready for a few guests today while I remember all those who aren’t here to join us this year like Dale and Harriette. The wassail is on to simmer and fill the house with holiday smells. The heater is on this one day of the year, and already I’ve pushed the hood off my head and taken my fingerless gloves from my hands.
We wish you all a happy, warm, and safe holiday with love from us.
- Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts.
- Himself: Putting up with the holiday fuss with great panache.
- Herself: Fussing.
- Reading: Another Evanovitch.
- News: PAH made it through the surgery. The kids are very sad but glad they have him for a while longer.
- Fridge installed with lots of fuss. Interior shelves are smaller than the old one, but this one is vastly quieter. I'll buy two more door shelves.
- Balance: Quiet for a while.