January 1, 2013

Welcoming the New Year




Last night we curled up together under the big quilt and watched a strange Bruce Willis flic on a never watched channel….”Fifth Element.”  It was so out there that we had a grand time.

This morning we woke early to the 30-some-degree air curling the hair on our arms as we got dressed.  Coffee, a light breakfast, and we are off to an Alkathon…the one at Fifth and Penn.   Alkathons are AA meetings that run one after another for usually a 24 hour period.  It’s a good way to start the new year as it will remind me of the good things in my life.  For I am the most grateful of folks that you know, and only a few things in my life are tired or worn the rest is simply wonderful.

I don’t write enough about gratitude. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to start the new year. 30°? I've been fantasizing you were warmer than we are but you are only 2 degrees behind us. Bundle up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you got a lift from your Alkathon.

    Love your water shots.

    Fifth Element. I went out of my way to see that film. Had a crush on Gary Oldman at the time.

    You should like it as it is not that different from your annual parade of strangely dressed folks in the San Diego thing-a-ma-bob gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this movie on TV and found it strange...and yet I love science fiction. It just didn't have the underlying philosophy that I like, I guess. Glad you went to your all day meeting. Like exercise I am sure it was hard, but good for you. You are an amazing person, and that is why I started following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the new year brings you much happiness, good health and prosperity!

    Glad you had the Alkathon -- whatever works is what's important for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow stops automatically on Jan. 4. Sorry it is causing you trouble. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto Capt Poolie: i'm grateful for you two, too! xo c!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All best wishes for a happy healthy 2013. Gratitude is a great start.

    ReplyDelete

Please, take just a moment to leave me a note. I really appreciate notes.

ANTICIPATION

Relaxing as we head out around the US It was physical time today.  We got to the lab well before 7AM, but there was no order.  We c...