- I had in mind several little happy things to post this morning, but I seem to have forgotten the details. Hope you don’t mind the broad outlines of life instead.
- I get to play with books this morning. I mean, what more could I want. At least I haven’t forgotten that.
- Speaking of books, my friend Kay, whose notes you see here sometimes, has just had a book signing for her latest book, "Logging Railroads of Humboldt & Mendocino Counties" by Arcadia Publishing. Obtainable from independent bookstores and the publishers website.“
- Friend Captain Poolie has been on TV two early mornings in a row talking about the Low Rider show. Great show, and she’s so brave to get up at that really early hour to talk for so few moments. Bravo.
- Yesterday, my little four page piece on Comic Con went over really well at the workshop. Comments like, “You really took us there,” or, “Now I want to go,” were wonderful feedback after the almost silence from the last of Nazi series pieces. I took color photos with me too.
- Daughter Lessa has readied her first resume. I can’t tell you how proud I am of her. I forgot to suggest that she run it by her school counselor plus add her name and address.
- The Great Geezer took some truly foul smelling stuff to the pocket door rollers, and the darned thing opens and closes really easily for the very first time. That door is at the heart of the way we live in the winter. To open it with ease is such a treat.
- Cold and Rain and Strong Winds. That’s the weather here. Snow inland. I’ve been waiting with trepidation for the “Quieter Home Program” folks to come disrupt our lives with dust and noise. Now I am looking forward to heat and triple pained windows.
- Speaking of wind. Nope, not swimming in 45 degree winds this morning….before the wind chill factor. Enough is enough.
- Best of all, Fewer headaches now that I raised my height in the office chair by one more pillow. Yes, Monday is the doctor’s appointment. I’d better make a list…and check it twice. Isn’t there a song in there somewhere?
February 20, 2013
· Today is our last day Comic Con free. Tomorrow afternoon, we are off to the convention center to pick up our volunteer b...