February 23, 2013

Monsters Among Us


Railway bridge outside of Chicago.  2012.

I need to go through my closet one more time to throw out things I haven’t used in a year.  Why?  When the “Quieter-home-program” folks take over, I have to move out of my closet.  Into the Geezer’s closet.  He’s been seriously resistant to my gentle suggestions that he clean out his closet.  This morning I said that I’d clean it out.  We are getting notification the middle of next month of the date et al. 

One of these days I might suggest he clean out his tool hoardings.  Did I say that?

----------@----------

In the midst of selfish closet bickerings, we have a family sadness.  Lenore’s dog Romeo died.  Romeo was Lenore and Mohave’s companion for a great many years.  He was a happy soul, and he will be much missed.

----------@----------

Off to find the scooter office.  The owner hasn’t answered our calls or emails.  We need a scooter for the Spring Roundup and one for Comic Con.  G is getting frustrated, and that’s not a good thing at all. 

----------@----------

Monday is the first doctor’s appointment about the hip.  Yes, right now I’m stuck looking at the process not the end of it all.


  • Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts.
  • Himself:  Himself is doing good today.
  • Herself:  I suppose he’d divorce me if I cleaned out his closet.
  • Reading:  The third in the E. Moon Suisa series.  I love good space opera…as I said before.
  • Balance:  Sitting on the edge of the bed in the sunshine letting it warm me.


  • 10 comments:

    1. I just did a purge when the roomies moved out. WOW! What a difference!

      ReplyDelete
    2. How about boxing up stuff and putting in temporary storage somewhere...like someone's garage?

      ReplyDelete
    3. David's two sponsors have moved out of this area. He sponsors several young men, and my daughter and her husband (plus two granddaughters) are in the fellowship and good friends too. They are coming up in two weeks.

      Sad to hear about Romeo. An old dog is a great friend.

      Finished 'The Searchers'-- OK but not uplifting. I think I need to read some fiction.

      Good luck with closets. We put off clearing clutter until after the taxes are finished. Dianne

      ReplyDelete
    4. That is such a cool photo of the Chicago "monster."

      Cleaning out the closet is an extremely difficult process for my husband too. He just hates parting with anything.

      I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Romeo. It's so sad to lose a precious pet.

      Good luck with the hip. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

      ReplyDelete
    5. It's too bad about the dog. I was heartbroken when I had to leave New York in a hurry and leave her behind with friends. Never saw her again.

      ReplyDelete
    6. So sorry about the furry friend...it never gets easy to lose a pet.
      And closets, how about "borrowing" a rack from the thrift shop and storing some of the clothes in the garage?

      ReplyDelete
    7. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Now that I have the freedom to throw out any of MTL's old clothes etc, I haven't the heart.
      Not just yet.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ahhhh, the closet dramas! We lost two of our meager closet spaces when we installed central heat and air years ago. The A/C is necessary for survival in coastal Miss. in the summer, most of the fall months and some spring and winter days.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I did what Tabor said with some of Hubby's old things when I changed out the summer/fall clothing for winter. I put it aside in big bags without mentioning it (no lies) and thought he'd probably not even notice. He didn't. Soon I'll be donating it. That's the only way some of these things can be accomplished!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life