April 16, 2015

A Rose is a Rose


My apologies to you all.  I hadn’t known that I was writing negatively.  I hadn’t realized that I was sharing my tiredness and feelings of age with everyone here.  I hadn’t even known that I was depressed. 

Folks would ask me how I felt, and my response was often, “Old.”

I’m not feeling at all old this week.  I’ve discovered the trick to climbing stairs with a little verve: lifting my right leg very high.  I’m feeling fiftyish rather than eightyish.  I’m doggedly doing my workouts in the morning pool.  I’m doing all my leg, hand, and shoulder PT in the hot tub.  Next week I might be cranky as I am beginning another series of visits with the dentist, but I won’t be feeling old.


  • Himself:  Almost has his voice back.  At work full time yesterday and today.
  • Herself:  Calling dentist today.  Eye Doc tomorrow after work.  Toes today.  It’s ok to pamper myself.
  • Reading:  Rereading “The Great Railway Bazaar” by Paul Theroux.  Politics date it, but it’s still a good read.
  • Balance:  Letting someone else do my toe nails.


  • 6 comments:

    1. yes, going to the dentist always leaves one "Filling" better.

      ReplyDelete
    2. What's the matter with a little truth-telling? If you feel old, or tired or worn, you should be able to share it with friends. I couldn't tell you were feeling negative. We are old enough now we can get over "putting a happy face on when we feel like a crab."

      Anyway. If you feel better, that's great.

      Personally I have spring fever. The pollen count here is over the moon. The birds are hyper too.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I agree with schmidleysscriblins..although I wish she had a shorter name. If you feel cranky and old, it is ok to share it. Just remember to also share when you are on the up and up. I hope Geezer is eating better.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Glad you're feeling more up. I didn't experience you as being negative just telling it as it was.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Funny, I didn't get that feeling. I love your posts and pictures. It's your blog, if you want to talk about being tired and aches and pains I say why not. You also balance it with joy at surprised visits from grandkids, outings, exercise, etc. If you sharing your "aging" feelings with us makes others feel uncomfortable I say tell them to stop reading. People need to get over themselves!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi Mage.. thanks for your comment. I can't find your email addie on your blog.

      Mine is thesmittenimage@gmail.com if you'd like to drop me a line, please?

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life