June 30, 2015

The Little Bits of Summer




“Are you wearing your costume to Comic Con this year?”  Asks the man at the cleaners.

“We are having a mural artist from Comic Con come to speak to us,” says friend Camille. “He’s the one who did all the murals behind the fossils at the museum.”

“What are you doing for the 4th,” asks a lifeguard.

“Another friend talks to me while we jog in the water.  “What are you doing today.”

I love conversations like these.  They make me feel busy and useful and part of the community in a different way.  “Today, I’m talking to my friend Bobbie then grocery shopping.  This afternoon, I will be working on an essay about sail training ships.” 

“How do you spell that?” Asks another water walker. 

“S-A-I-L,” I reply laughing.

No, I’m not wearing my steampunk clothes.  Or, maybe I am, but I have two weeks to think about it.  The murals…I’ll have to go see them.  Yes, we meet the Captain and her sister for Breakfast this Friday before I go to work.  Yes too, we are going down to the Maritime Museum for a BBQ and the fireworks.  Yes, Comic Con is two weekends away.  I have all my paperwork done and I am ready to go.

Imagine…all this and today we are gifted with sunshine too.




  • Himself:  The new computer is working, and he’s made backup discs.  He loves the idea of fireworks off the Stern of the Berkeley on an extra day he has off.
  • Herself:  Bobbie is building a table.  Ah well.  I’ll finish this and go get groceries.  Later I will finish the inventory and start writing about the three German sail training vessels we still have.
  • Reading:  Back to Jance #4.  Looking up Bishop on the library database.
  • Gratitudes:  Guidance.


  • 5 comments:

    1. You are writing about something important. Wish I was smart like that!

      ReplyDelete
    2. and it actually rained today!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love this photo! It's so dramatic with that stunning background mural. I think they're having a Comic Con here in Hawaii too. I don't know when though.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Nursing my sore tore here. Doctor Monty is the same age as my son. When did doctors get so young?

      ReplyDelete
    5. It's good to have a plan. At the moment I seem to be going with a relentless flow.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life