July 7, 2015

Countdown


Dories from the Surprise which is in drydock.

Once a year we turn into turnips. 

George is going to be an especially lovely turnip this year with the makeover of his Steampunk Workman costume.  The authentic miners lamp on his topee gave him a blinding headache.  This year he made a plastic and cardboard copy of it from things he found at Michaels.  Shoes?  He found a pair of very used, Desert Storm boots at a Military Surplus store.  Just the right color, and no more feet that hurt.

I’m going to be a boring turnip.  My other hip is bothering me, so you can find me somewhere in the convention center volunteering on my rental scooter.  I don’t think I’m going to costume up this year.  We will see.  What I need to do is change my costume focus.  I’m really looking forward to whatever happens tho.


  • Himself:  Work, eat, tinker with costumes, TV, bed.
  • Herself:  Looking for panels I want to attend, grocery shopping, building blog entries, and reading.
  • Reading:  Jance: Exit Wound.
  • Gratitudes:  Talking with friends.


  • 6 comments:

    1. Costume or no costume, you'll be there, good on you!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Go with the flow. Exercised the other day and my sciatica was bad all afternoon. Took some Aleve and that helped me sleep. Better today.

      ReplyDelete
    3. As long as you didn't just fall of the turnip truck.

      ReplyDelete
    4. we might have to get you a star trek shirt for an easy costume

      ReplyDelete
    5. You will have fun be you a turnip or an artichoke!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life