- I broke another front tooth off. I can afford to take care of it still it was a very embarrassing thing to live with in public. The speaker we had last night had done the same thing as I did….not brush his teeth enough in those horrible past years. Tomorrow we are going to Costco and replacing our dental insurances…plural, with Delta. We know this will be a far, far better arrangement.
- G has a cold. This may mean nothing to you, but to me it means all. He’s a grumph when he has a cold. I get militant. He does better with Tylenol, DayQuil, Zinc, and any of the other things he takes. By the time I got home from the gym this morning, he was sounding better.
- The weather folks said we were going to have strong coastal winds last night. They were so strong, that I was actually afraid one or two of the very old trees might topple our way. We were right there in front facing that North West blow, and the oldest tree was leaning our way. When I got home from the pool this morning, yes I actually went to the pool in the ice cold wind, I drove around the complex to see if we had lost any more of the older trees. Not one, I was happy to report.
- The truly sad note for the weekend was that we did not get any Comic Con tickets during the ticket sale this weekend. G was depressed about it but tried to buoy everyone up. “We have two more chances to get tickets,” he kept saying. I’m in the pool as a volunteer. If they pick me up, G will come along too. Later there will also be a second open round of ticket purchasing. He’ll try again then, he tells me.
- Very assorted stuff: I couldn’t find the rice so bought more. It was right here, G told me pointing. I used the last onion up without telling myself also. The last two times I was in to see the doc for something, I told her I was forgetting more and more. She sort of blew me off. Now I am wondering if I forgot to remind her that I needed a mammogram this year too. I can’t blow that off.
November 16, 2015
· We got up at dawn to drive forever north for breakfast. Grandson Alex’s girlfriend believe’s in family. She believes th...