February 13, 2016

Mitzvah's and Unploads



The days go by fast.  We went to our first ice hockey game in support of a friend with esophageal cancer on Wednesday.  A whole wad of us sat up in the nosebleed seats and yelled support as he rode round and round on the Zamboni.  I don’t think riding on a Zamboni would be on my bucket list, but he seemed to have a blast.  Then again, he said he couldn’t hear us yelling over the sound of the Zamboni.  Made me laugh.

George was in a total grump the last couple of days.  He works from home and needs to be able to load and unload PDF’s and JPG’s.  He hasn’t been able to do this as the modem died.  The repair man did not show up until 4:30 pm yesterday with the new modem.  Rather than start a fuzzy argument, I told him to have a nice day and went off to work.

I’m not doing well with uploading this morning either.  I did get a couple of pictures uploaded in a S….L….O…..O……W  manner this morning.  Now I have biodegraded to zero on the speed dial.  I’ve handed the whole problem over to the Geezer to deal with.

There is a site where you can find out how you are doing.  A ping of 9 is good.  We have, at this moment, 64 download and 9.3 upload.  Earlier we were “0”.  I was going to download more images to Photobucket, but instead I may read the new, to me, Longmire mystery.  That may be safer actually. 



                                                                    
  • Himself:  He’s taking me to the new Coen movie “Hail Caesar!” at a mid-morning, Valentine’s Day matinee.  It’s billed as a comedy, and he’s going to love it.
  • Herself:  For some reason, I’m not fond of comedy’s.  Coen Brother’s movies frighten me a bit too, but seeing this film will be a gift from me to G.
  • Reading:  Craig Johnson’s “Another Man's Moccasins” (Western Writers of America Spur Award for best novel of 2008.)
  • Gratitudes:  That I am sticking to the diet.  :)  Did I say that.  Beets for breakfast indeed.


  • 6 comments:

    1. Such an interesting item for a bucket list, zamboni ride! I wish your friend good health. Have a great weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Be good to yourself!
      I'm having a tough time, too, dealing with a lot of the inevitable sorrows of old age.
      I simply can't bear most popular entertainment or crowds or excessive noise any more.
      I hope all your Internet ailments are healed soon!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Comcast has told me that my modem (theirs for which I pay a lease fee) is too old and that I need to tell them they will send me a new packet and I will do the upgrade myself and ugh. I hate this fake customer service.

      ReplyDelete
    4. My favorite Coen movie besides Fargo is Millers Crossing. Or perhaps the Big Lebowski. Funny hoe those scenes stick in your mind. On a trip to Heathrow, I shared a taxi with a Brit years ago. We got to talking about American culture. I told him we loved our guns and gangsters. ��

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have seen some Longmires on Netflix but didn't realize there were books.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I would stick to the book. I understand the frustration of the uploading thing. My computer went bust in the middle of the 42-page grant. I could not manipulate the 10 photos I needed to attach. Did all the work from home on this little laptop that just keeps going....and going...and going.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life