May 24, 2016

Beginning Repetitions...and More





This is my second week on the new schedule.  Every morning I sip on my coffee over the local news and a book, then I head to the pool.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I work at the Democratic Party Headquarters driving up near the Brinell tow yard where I worked for many years.  Wednesdays and Fridays I work at the Discovery Shop just down the hill.  Saturday mornings and Sunday’s George is my focus.  Monday is the day for me…a selfish and self-centered me day.  Yesterday I read.
     


That's it...repetitions.  This day I got to do data entry for  some of the hundreds of precincts walked.   Some kind volunteer takes a list and goes door to door.  The list has little boxes he or she can check.  Target this one, the list says.  Home?  Not Home?  Are they going to vote?  New voter?  Et al.  When the list get's back to the shop, someone like me gets to hold a scanner over the bar code in front of the name.  Are they home?  Another bar code enters it all into the cloud.  Boy, nothing like the political volunteering I did in the past.  It truly is a brave  new world out there.                                                   



  • Himself:  Made my lunch, the dear guy, now he’s at work.
  • Herself:  Ready for work but got to remember to pick up the cleaning.  Why?  The cleaning team is heading for the med on a two week cruise.  I did stare at the quilt for a while….maybe I just don’t like it, or maybe I just can’t see it.
  • Reading:  Another Gilman, and a bio of Mrs. Lindbergh.
  • Gratitudes:  Absolutely no pain anywhere today.


  • 10 comments:

    1. You are a rock star, Mage! Cannot wait to see you on Saturday!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Busy life. Good to be able to keep busy. Remember the days when everything was done by hand, over the phone and at the door. Our grandchildren will know nothing about that time which was only last week I think.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It really was last week. The canvassers still go door to door. It's folks like me that get to play with scanners.

        Delete
    3. I notice you are very regimented in your activities. You like that. Me, I want days and days off and then a few days where I give it my all. But, you are in the heart of a busy area and I am in the country with good old boys.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have most days half off, and I lay around and don't lose weight. It's the good old boy that got me back to work.

        Delete
    4. Good for you doing what you're doing. Good luck.

      ReplyDelete
    5. You are still an inspiration to me with your determination. I have a new health concern that I may be able to fix with exercise and diet....egad.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am annoyed that I MUST get off my posterior and do something about my weight so my blood sugar levels are happier. LOL

        Delete
    6. That sounds like an excellent schedule. I'm glad you're keeping up the exercise. I need to do better. Sigh...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wonder how welcomed you are door-to-door these days. I recall doing that many elections ago in a small Midwest town, but not up for it now. Good for you!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life