October 20, 2016

Scanning Loose Family Pictures





I’ve gathered a collection of my loose family photos and have begun scanning them.  I had thought everyone was scanned until I opened one folder.  This one says Mrs. MM Hunt…. Margaret Millicent Hunt Hyde, perhaps taken during the civil war era…1861 through 1865. 



This image of Mrs. Hyde is dated 1870.  The gentle smile of the first image is gone, and a stern face now stares to the side of the camera.  I wish I knew more about her.
           


This last image is approximately 1909.  A handful of other photographs were taken that day.  How I wish they had been dated.  Maybe my cousin Tom, who reads my blog almost every day, knows more about Mrs.  MM Hunt.  This Margaret Millicent was my Grandfather’s grandmother.  My mother was named after her, as was his sister, myself, and one of my children plus two of my grandchildren. 

Perhaps there should be a site for Margaret Millicent’s.


                                                                 

  • Himself:  At work from 0630, did take out the trash and find time to remake a template for the crow quilt.
  • Herself:  Pool, scanning, store for DARK green fabric, and sew and read away the afternoon.
  • 52 Week House Reorganization:  It says to put the photos in photo storage boxes.  Instead I am scanning them, putting them on two hard drives and a thumb drive.
  • Reading:  An early Archer Mayor.
  • Gratitudes:  That the water in the pool was warm this morning.


  • 6 comments:

    1. Folk looked very serious in the old, old photographs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Did some gardening and cleaning out pots for winter, not as much exercise as I should be doing!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Any is better than none. I went shopping for fabrics in a very crowded JoAnne's. That sort of doubled my exercise.

        Delete
    3. I love the pictures of the women in your family. What a treasure to have them! How wonderful!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Back in the day, they didn't smile for pics, but I see her mouth as being similar in both pics. The last photo is amateurish and it harsher light but shows great character. Gotta love them all.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'm sorry, but that first picture makes her look like she's a spy for the Union, a man dressed up as a woman. Having just stepped away from the Civil War prep, I'm thinking of a whole group of presenters who are doing a talk this weekend on female spies who dressed as male soldiers.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life