February 17, 2017

STROKE



2014: Schmidley in Old Town at the Guadalajara Restaurant.  Charming even with her eyes closed.

Posted on Diane’s blog was this note:

“This is Diane’s daughter. Mom has had a stroke and is in ICU at the hospital. If anyone reads this, please get the word out and keep her in your prayers. Thank you.

Please remember her husband David the Piker too.  He’s been fading lately, and we care a lot for both of them. 



  • Himself:  Gym, work, dinner, meeting tonight scheduled in the middle of a giant storm with rain and high winds.

  • Herself:  Pool, work, read meeting.  The water may have been warm this morning, but the wind was cold with a cutting edge.

  • Reading:  Another Du Pre mystery.

  • Gratitudes:  That I know Diane.


  • 8 comments:

    1. Oh no.... Not Dianne... I will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you, Mage.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my! Best thoughts for Diane. Thanks for posting this info, Mage.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I too learned of Dianne's stroke and hospitalization this morning. Such sad news as I thought she was on the mend. Hopefully she is strong enough to fight through and recover from this. A friend of mine who had open-heart surgery over a week ago finally got to go to her daughter's home yesterday for more recuperation. It gets harder has we get older to bounce back as quickly as we did as youngsters.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I am do hsppy to see this charming picture of Dianne. Yes, I also thought she was getting better. But I'm sure she is getting the best care possible.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I just found out about Dianne from you on FB. I'm praying she can recover well from this. Thank you for the smiling picture of her. Thank you for letting us know.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you for posting on FB -- It might have been days before I learned about Diane...Praying for her.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I don't know Diane. She looks a lovely lady and I send prayers for her recovery.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life